Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a lore forum?
Yes 14 73.68%
No 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Kobold

Default Lore forum?

I'm not certain this is the place to post this, but I personally am a big lore person, especially when it comes to Everquest. I know it's not necessarily for everyone, so instead of loading the general discussion with a bunch of lore questions/discussions, would anyone have any interest in a lore specific forum to be added?
Old 02-28-2020, 12:09 PM
Kobold

I'm not sure if the forums is the right spot for that. Maybe add to the Lore section of the Wiki?

http://wiki.project1999.com/Lore_of_Norrath
Old 02-28-2020, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

I want that.

I need somewhere to put the everquest lore pronunciations topic so I can hammer people with the ridiculous way people pronounce Cazic Thule
Old 02-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want that.

I need somewhere to put the everquest lore pronunciations topic so I can hammer people with the ridiculous way people pronounce Cazic Thule
Umm..

Either: KA-zik TOO-lee
Or: KA-zik THOOL

What else is there?
Old 02-28-2020, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by larper99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm..

Either: KA-zik TOO-lee
Or: KA-zik THOOL

What else is there?
Sometimes theres sound files of brad or JS speaking the names of stuff and sometimes not. CT is the case where at least we know by design its pronounced Ka - Zick - Two - Lay. Thule is pronounced exactly the same way as its pronounced in the names Ultima-Thule (the recently named cosmological object) and the way the CEO of the company Thule (who makes outdoorsy stuff) pronounces it.

However in various voice programs its way more popular for people to say it like Ka (with the a sound like in apple) and Thule with a silent Th like in the word thimble and as one syllable. It sounds very Canadian lol.

Some words ive never ever heard any of the original team pronounce, like Kelethin. Others i still know I say way wrong like Veeshan compared to how brad says it.

JS said he pronounced Neriak like Near-Yak but I always sound it like a three syllable Near-E-Ak
Old 02-28-2020, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

tuh NAHR ay

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 02-28-2020, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Strictly speaking, if we're going by lore, the pronunciation of any proper name in the game is subject to regional variances. If you go and speak to the lizardmen, they'll tell you how to pronounce the name of their home. It's probably ssssssss ssssssss sssssssss sssssss or something.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone speaks the common tongue here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rhyming is def region based. Theres no official rhymes between words.

Where I live, the words Bad and Mad Rhyme, and Sad and Dad rhyme, but bad doesn't rhyme with sad, nor mad wth dad. Glad rhymes with mad and bad but not with the glad in gladiator, which rhymes with sad and dad. We have what is called a split short A system, and its one of the hardest dialects for an actor to actually mimic. This is why they are basically forced to cast Tina Fey to do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QLDjE33_uRM
Last edited by Cen; 02-28-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Closed Thread