Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

As long as you stay out of line of sight, nothing sees sneak.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Don't forget the hidden bonus of lucky dice
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 03-24-2021, 09:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget the hidden bonus of lucky dice
I wish...
Old 03-24-2021, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Just want to add to this thread...

Rogue is the ultimate laid back chill class. You have three responsibilities max and never all at once. DPS, Corpse Drag & lockpicking. You want to AFK, just sneak hide and go do your business. drinking habits? not a problem, get behind the mob and just spam your backstab & evade key

evade macro
/pause 2, /attack off
/pause 2, /doability # (hide)
/attack on

If you're on a raid and the tank just isnt the best, TURN OFF ATTACK for a few seconds. Trust me, letting the tank get agro vs you dieing is day and night. Managing agro because you do so much dps is a pretty awesome feeling.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Yea it’s a fine class when supported by a small team (or raid). Left to it’s lonesome it’s the worst solo class besides maybe a cleric using non-undead nukes. Efficient rogue solo is fighting low level old world blues with great gear. If you have a schedule that allows for grouping then it’s a fantastic and easy to play melee class.

I had a rogue on live. The cloak and dagger game is fun but stressful. Your plan b if something sees through sneak is to cap out, possibly root net, or die and get a loc.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the replies everyone, really appreciate the honesty.

Truth be told I am now considering Ranger as a similar themed but slightly more soloable class. There will be times where it's necessary as I don't have an extensive network of friends, sometimes play at weird hours, and sometimes need to AFK for responsibilites IRL.

Plus I saw how friggin' awesome wood elves look in a set of crystal chitin armor. xD
Old 03-26-2021, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

So rangers are fun. But definitely aren't great at dungeon diving. You will be more an outdoor cat than indoor cat. So that's a change from your original concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will be times where it's necessary as I don't have an extensive network of friends, sometimes play at weird hours, and sometimes need to AFK for responsibilites IRL.
If you wanna dungeon dive and need to AFK a lot, SK or Monk might be good as well. Feign Death does wonders for impromptu AFKs, both can get around dungeons reasonably well (advantage SK), and both can solo OK.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So rangers are fun. But definitely aren't great at dungeon diving. You will be more an outdoor cat than indoor cat. So that's a change from your original concept.
Ah yeah that is true. I figured sneak + superior camo would help with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wanna dungeon dive and need to AFK a lot, SK or Monk might be good as well. Feign Death does wonders for impromptu AFKs, both can get around dungeons reasonably well (advantage SK), and both can solo OK.
I tried Monk for a bit and didn't really like the weight micromanagement thing too much. SK does sound interesting though! Hmm...

Prolly the wrong forum but wondering, does this spell for SKs work the same way as the necro skeleton illusion? Like could I pick a neutral race and use it to get into evil cities with it later?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Shroud_of_Undeath
If so I am considering going with an Iksar SK.
Last edited by tadkins; 03-26-2021 at 02:33 AM..
Old 03-26-2021, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Monks don't really need to worry about weight so much until higher levels. Between Mend, Dodge and Block the hit to AC doesn't impair you very much on low level mobs. And by the time you get to higher levels, the gear is lighter and weight reduction bags are easy enough to get. That said, all you really need for 50 levels is a Wu's Quivering Staff.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

I’d definitely consider a SK as a casual player. You get the fun and fashion, a very easy semi-epic (Greenmist). Arguably with the change/elimination of bind wound during combat normally geared monks have lost a bit of the solo edge. Ie you have to pick spots and maybe bum buffs to be just as efficient.

Give a sk (or any hybrid) a one or two 6 min spawn and they likely can keep it down efficiently. Good for those pick up and drop game sessions. Rangers with marginal gear gas out in the low 50’s due to running short on easy animal fear options. You’re going to prob want to save the fine steel for a tolan bracer and an exquisite bow and write a formal apology to your index finger.
Closed Thread