Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Where are the spiders in Toxulia?

Hi. Is there any way you can reintroduce 'a large spider' or 'a large widow' back to Toxulia Forest? I'm desperately trying to tailor Cured Silk Armor for my wizzie (erudite). Your excellent website says 'a large widow' is 'commonly found in Toxulia' yet there aren't any at all! LOADS of spiderlings and widow hatchlings. The only zone where I can get Spider Silk at my level ( 6) seems to be Butcherblock which I can't travel to (impassable gnolls and orcs at Highpass; goblins at Runnyeye...). Are you able to reintroduce large spiders or widows? Would be great if you could! Thanks![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Everfrost has loads of spiderlings. A boat ride to Qeynos and a quick run through Blackburrow to Everfrost. Blackburrow is usually camped and things will be dead if you're worried about things attacking you.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

They should be in the area south of the river, but everything's a bit higher level in that section so be careful.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-23-2017, 05:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everfrost has loads of spiderlings. A boat ride to Qeynos and a quick run through Blackburrow to Everfrost. Blackburrow is usually camped and things will be dead if you're worried about things attacking you.
Thanks but, as I said in my original post, I am after spiders not spiderlings. Spiderlings a-plenty, also in Toxulia![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2017, 05:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should be in the area south of the river, but everything's a bit higher level in that section so be careful.
Nope, I've combed every square inch of Tox at all times of day and night and nary a spider to be had![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2017, 05:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Correction to my original post. I meant Raw Silk Armor, not Cured Silk Armor. Still need spiders tho![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

You should be able to get a port if you ask nicely, even without paying since you are low level. A good area to hunt that stuff is east commonlands and west commonlands. Giant Spiders there start at 6 i think and large spiders at something like 3.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manontroppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks but, as I said in my original post, I am after spiders not spiderlings. Spiderlings a-plenty, also in Toxulia![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh sorry sorry but there are also the big spiders in Everfrost. I collected both types of silk from there.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be able to get a port if you ask nicely, even without paying since you are low level. A good area to hunt that stuff is east commonlands and west commonlands. Giant Spiders there start at 6 i think and large spiders at something like 3.
Thanks! Yes, this looks my best option at the moment, seeing my level
Old 11-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh sorry sorry but there are also the big spiders in Everfrost. I collected both types of silk from there.
Thanks for the tip! But those spiders are above my current level I'm afraid
Closed Thread