Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Is there a way to get this working on the TLP servers?
Old 06-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

my EQ now crashes after using this. is there a way to uninstall this? or do i need to reinstall the game again?
Old 07-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vileintent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my EQ now crashes after using this. is there a way to uninstall this? or do i need to reinstall the game again?
What did you install? Everything? Removing the UI from the ui folder will probably stop the crashes.

Here is a mirror link in case original 3 go down https://mega.nz/#!mgNFXDLa!8op3k53bP...Dh93gIXatdYsG0
Last edited by Chrushev; 07-19-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

I logged in today for the first time in over a year to see if the UI/Installer needs any updates. (Into the game that is, I do still check this thread regularly). But everything seems to be working well. The underwater sound cutting out is still an issue with default and this fixes it. The Loading screens and login screen customization still works. The porthole for helmets fix still works, the music/sound upgrade works. The stutter fix works. Spellgem changer works.I even tried running the game with the UI at 1440p and it looks fine.

Glad to see everything is still working well, its been nearly 7 years since original release.

Few things that are broken are:

- You obviously need the latest spellfile, the built in one is out of date
- eqEmu has had newer releases and that functionality doesnt work as well as it should. The baked in one is actually from when EQemu and P99 first started working together. Then that relationship broke, but it looks like they are working together again? (I may be wrong). If I do another release ill certainly include the new eqemu if it works well with P99.

So Im not going to make any updates for now... I noticed that they changed forum rules and I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.
Will you add a post to this thread if you do an update and start a new thread?

EDIT: I had no issues loading your UI and loading back to the original(s). Thanks for the update on what's still broke.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged in today for the first time in over a year to see if the UI/Installer needs any updates. (Into the game that is, I do still check this thread regularly). But everything seems to be working well. The underwater sound cutting out is still an issue with default and this fixes it. The Loading screens and login screen customization still works. The porthole for helmets fix still works, the music/sound upgrade works. The stutter fix works. Spellgem changer works.I even tried running the game with the UI at 1440p and it looks fine.

Glad to see everything is still working well, its been nearly 7 years since original release.

Few things that are broken are:

- You obviously need the latest spellfile, the built in one is out of date
- eqEmu has had newer releases and that functionality doesnt work as well as it should. The baked in one is actually from when EQemu and P99 first started working together. Then that relationship broke, but it looks like they are working together again? (I may be wrong). If I do another release ill certainly include the new eqemu if it works well with P99.

So Im not going to make any updates for now... I noticed that they changed forum rules and I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.
love the work sir use it and point users to it good work sir.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 09-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone know where I can find this Duxa variant? Most interested in the color

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

*DO NOT* perform option 11. It WILL fuck up your install. I had to reinstall project199 from scratch because it crashed when reaching character selection after performing this option. Don't do it or you'll really regret it. I promise you.

"(11) - Shrink EQ: TItanium Install (Removes all files not needed for Project 1999 after Velious about 1.68 GB)."
Old 12-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Aviak

I need some help. My spellbook and the effects windows have the new icons, but my spell bar and action bars still have the old gems. I ran the install for the new gems. Any ideas?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Does anyone know how to get the pet window to show pet buffs? I've looked through as many pages as possible but cant go through 72. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks