Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think you can go with this?
Yes. Sounds like I would probably be on board. 2 13.33%
No. You can count me out, I’m not into it. 2 13.33%
Maybe. Who knows how good but talk about it 2 13.33%
Im against this with my heart and soul. My precious. 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default not sure what to think of this idea but find out what others think about it!

Im totally not versed in anything political but what about leaders meeting about an official, on the record with the box GMs witnessing and agreeing to all of the agreements which would mostly end up being alliances of guilds. It could be up to a specific number of guilds and the approach would be that these now allied guilds, count as one as far as FTE goes. If they can have the number between them, between say 3-4-5 guilds, then it is theirs if they legitimately engaged first. Then they work out a dkp system where if you go you go but that dkp becomes extremely tangled on your character as to not gear alts before mains. The principle is that every guild has a few high levels that play consistently on a regular basis, let’s say four or five at a five time and this is an alliance with other people online at same time. Then you can realistically assume that more guilds would show up to do big guild content and some of them are so geared that the smaller number might not hit them as much. Also, 5x5 (five people online per guild per slot time (like sky or some shit) means competing, mob depending,on a lot of bigger targets that almost all smaller guilds don’t have access to.

I would argue then that alts would be better served in other guilds, this expending the shared experience of EverQuest raiding, renew interest in the genre and bestow order upon the realm.
For right now, what can one do but either grudgingly accept either never having a shot at any target worth being targets or quit their guild and most likely get shunned by old acquaintance by joining the bigger guild and this stuff isn’t healthy or sustainable. Big guilds might not like this because a lot of dkp might get lost but a good player would see an opportunity to read the beginning of this chapter again and realize you could probably still find ways to get the loot because it’s a competition everyday,where let all the faction sides up against incredible targets and have a fantastic field day where guild names would be more of a friendly association, whereas a forced one for loot.
But it would be for loot.
And so that a lot of players who put in time have a shot at something tangible. The player base is dedicated but a lot are resigned about never being able to achieve important markers, accomplishments, epics,
The server would probably starts talking to each other by having alts join the new dkp system on a slot time of their choosing, following that their character meets the raiding requirements of that said raiding alliance.
It’s that community writing that lore surrounding the mystique of that very community. Are these large guild entities too big to fail so that the little guy is out in the cold with no shot ever unless it feeds the machine? Could be some sort of realm seats of powers with guilds gravitating around those and the seats of power are obviously the time slot.

I get it a lot of people stand to lose but everyone stands to gain by having a time slot dedicated character that is raid ready. Not being forced to be in the same guild as other douches. Playing with friends. Learning about fights in a shared raid experience by community leaders. The world because a little more shared.
A whole new fucking new dawn.

Everyone: it won’t work.

Some guy in the back: why don’t we try talking about it together?

Me: Expand that mind. Find ways you would say yes to such a thing and talk about that. Good ideas will be picked up. The discussion will improve and eventually, the prototype of something that garnered some interest will start to appear and we will bring that brave new world upon us.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:12 PM
Aviak

Kids, drugs are bad.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like an idea most probably would not be so much on board with

Myself, Id go with any new idea here anytime whynotski
Old 06-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Voted yes. Sounds like you might be on(to) something.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

As long as guilds chase targets they don't need just because they can, or out of boredom because once you're 60 on a time locked server, I don't think any agreement will really be made or adhered to.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Run on sentences much?

But really anyone who has resigned on never getting x,y,z just isnt working hard enough/playing enough to get it. Time = success in EQ.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

no tl;dr, didn;t read.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Read this twice and still have no idea what is being suggested
Old 06-20-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read this twice and still have no idea what is being suggested
Old 06-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

the TLDR is they want people to agree to leave certain mobs alone and let other guilds get them, if I'm deciphering it correctly.
Closed Thread