Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Large Bat

I fell into a wiki editing rabbit hole. Since a lot of people will start leveling again on green I've added every chanter spells to the wiki page.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the cheat sheet!
Old 10-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should be "P99 (Blue) Enchanter Cheat Sheet At 60"

And unless something changed since my whole time on blue, those blur rates aren't right. God knows I used memory blur about a thousand times over the last decade, but I never once had to cast it more than half a dozen times for it to stick, and it'd usually work in 1-2. That'd be about the luckiest shit to ever happen on earth if it actually is only a 10% chance to work per cast.
Those rates are right, or close to right, but there's a formula that applies to blurs and mez's and the rate tied to the spell is only one piece of that formula. The mob level and casters CHA are factored in. That's why it's easier to blur a level 40 mob than a level 53 mob since the spell it's self is "unresistable" in the sense that it always lands and rolls the dice on whether to blur or not.

I can't find the original post with the excact formula but it is somewhere on this forum. When cast by a 255 enchanter on level 53+ mobs they would be -

Mezzes (besides GoK/Rapture): 36.5%
Memory Blur: 45.5%
Mind Wipe: 50.5%
Reoccurring Amnesia*broken*: 60.5%
Memory Flux: 65.5%
GoK: 65.5%
Rapture: 75.5%
Blanket: 80.2%

and they would all have a higher chance on mobs below level 53 but iirc the exact rate for each mob level range is unknown. From person experience I would guess BoF to be 90%+ on mobs below 50.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:34 AM
Large Bat

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those rates are right, or close to right, but there's a formula that applies to blurs and mez's and the rate tied to the spell is only one piece of that formula. The mob level and casters CHA are factored in. That's why it's easier to blur a level 40 mob than a level 53 mob since the spell it's self is "unresistable" in the sense that it always lands and rolls the dice on whether to blur or not.

I can't find the original post with the excact formula but it is somewhere on this forum. When cast by a 255 enchanter on level 53+ mobs they would be -

Mezzes (besides GoK/Rapture): 36.5%
Memory Blur: 45.5%
Mind Wipe: 50.5%
Reoccurring Amnesia*broken*: 60.5%
Memory Flux: 65.5%
GoK: 65.5%
Rapture: 75.5%
Blanket: 80.2%

and they would all have a higher chance on mobs below level 53 but iirc the exact rate for each mob level range is unknown. From person experience I would guess BoF to be 90%+ on mobs below 50.
Thanks for the input. I had found the post you are talking about and referenced it on the wiki cheatsheet. It’s here https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...0990.html%7C(1)
Old 11-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharing a cheatsheet I made for offensive spells: https://imgur.com/gCKOYEi
This is great!!! Thanks!
Old 11-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Orc

Nice work! Very helpful to see all the information arranged this way. Please let us know when you get the updates in.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Putting mana drain totals may be beneficial, they are now required for caster and CH engagements.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:17 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putting mana drain totals may be beneficial, they are now required for caster and CH engagements.
It's a Wiki, help yourself.
Closed Thread