Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

This is interesting. I always felt people (men) bonded more with me than I did with them online. The relationships had a "not real" feeling to them and the bonds were easily broken. I always assumed everyone felt like that, and I've definitely hurt some feelings sharing that observation with my e-friends.

I think the male model, doing things together, isn't how I consider friendship, and the closer online relationships I've had definitely focused on conversations and feelings. I've never played EQ with some of my closest EQ friends.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is interesting. I always felt people (men) bonded more with me than I did with them online. The relationships had a "not real" feeling to them and the bonds were easily broken. I always assumed everyone felt like that, and I've definitely hurt some feelings sharing that observation with my e-friends.

I think the male model, doing things together, isn't how I consider friendship, and the closer online relationships I've had definitely focused on conversations and feelings. I've never played EQ with some of my closest EQ friends.
Glad to hear you feel better.

The way you bond is unique to you and your own personal experiences, so there is never a need to compare how you do it, they are not better or worse , so do not worry about that Cecily. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I found intriguing the article for many reasons, specially as a lot of my friends, including me, escape reality constantly, specially due to loneliness.

Several of them are married , and with kids, yet , for many reasons too long to enumerate, loneliness hit us deeply and frequently.

We cope with several mechanisms and fall in the social safeguard of family and friends, yet the feeling persists.

Work related issues, stress and many other factors are the culprits, yet, gaming has always been a lifesaver of sorts, a stopgap, hence why my overworked friend sent me the article.

On the other issue, I can corroborate that I have never played with my closest rl friends EQ either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is something so profoundly alien about this elf sim that it only caters to a particular type of people haha.

Also the chatting aspect, talking , sharing ideas is a model I can understand more. I do enjoy talking more than doing things together, goes with the job I guess.

I am the kind of guy that forces my friends to actually talk ... I believe we need to talk more, not our feelings, but anything ...

Communication is key.

I believe that men are suffering in silence and our social support networks do not reinforce the unburdening of this , hence outlets like video gaming are actually quite important, though not necessarily the best way to handle it.

Just a thought [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As usual much love to everybody! Super hug from the Isthmus!

Small Edit: Got inspired writing this as I am watching Equilibrium in the scene where Bale hears music for the first time. Felt it was a powerful scene ... then the doggo scene omg.
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 12-04-2019 at 02:10 AM..
Old 12-04-2019, 03:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he works 21 hours and tries to sleep the other 3.
Hope that's an exaggeration. If not, definitely illegal.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Fire Giant

I used to play EQ with a japanese person who did art for games. No idea what.

They were massivley stressed out, always had headaches, tired and felt sick. Seems EQ was the easiest escapism without having to leave their house. Bare minimum social stuff.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

Lived in Japan for 5 years working for the Navy. While it's a beautiful country that I miss dearly, below the surface there's massive problems with overwork, racism, sexism, and a failed "honor or death" mentality.

What other culture has a word for literally dying due to overwork. Karoshi.

It's a shame really. That country needs to legalize cannabis for reals.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Banned

Yeah, they could really use the example set by this community as precisely the behaviors to avoid.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope that's an exaggeration. If not, definitely illegal.
Well he can keep the rhythm for a day or two, and he actually is pretty desperate for the job, as it is a temporary one but can keep him glued for an even bigger contract, so he gives in 100% and then some more to try to impress the Japanese.

He confessed he is taking some additional drugs to help with energy and output , but nootropics is a field I am not very well versed at, unlike he is.

Also Venezuelans abroad can not afford to be too choosy on their jobs, specially when they have to support family back home or in other countries so they do things like that on occasion, as slave driven as it might be.

The day he sent me the video he was a bit off. He Crashed hard after a couple days but then slept on the weekend and began again, but he finished it already and is back home hoping the Corp will rehire him due to this extremely fast output.

What I find odd though is how there are computer signals that pop up on desktops to remind people they need to stop working, yet if the boss has not left the building they have to remain in their posts.

Even with all that he is in love with the country and culture.
----------------------------------
[center]
Closed Thread