Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should stop trying to preserve these unhealthy classic play styles.
Nah.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is going to stay awake for 100 hours. Maybe some people will manage 48. Few will last even 24. This would thin the camp out, which is fine, if we didn't have people gaming the system.
As someone who yesterday was up for ~29 hours due to work, I agree with this sentiment. And that was something I was being paid to do. I'd never spend 24 hours without sleep camping something in a video game.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd never spend 24 hours without sleep camping something in a video game.
You're not one of us. Some of us are very ill.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who yesterday was up for ~29 hours due to work, I agree with this sentiment. And that was something I was being paid to do. I'd never spend 24 hours without sleep camping something in a video game.
You also likely have a decent work/life balance. Camping pixels is all some of these people have. People have died from marathon gaming sessions, and I'm genuinely concerned we're going to have a serious problem in the coming months. Single players will either give up entirely, as account sharers and teamviewers circumvent the whole reason for the list system in the first place. Or pixel lust causes one or more players to push themselves into the hospital, or worse.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Listening to people on the list in Discord. They do not sound like they're doing well physically after 40+ hours with no afk's allowed.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Good grief
Old 11-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enshadowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also likely have a decent work/life balance. Camping pixels is all some of these people have. People have died from marathon gaming sessions, and I'm genuinely concerned we're going to have a serious problem in the coming months. Single players will either give up entirely, as account sharers and teamviewers circumvent the whole reason for the list system in the first place. Or pixel lust causes one or more players to push themselves into the hospital, or worse.
It doesn't really circumvent the point of the list system. The point of the list system was to keep the camp from being passed off person to person within say a certain guild or group of friends. You cannot do this with the list system. Sure, a guild can account share across multiple characters, thereby increasing their odds of getting multiple MS's within their guild, but they can't simply monopolize the camp. Each character has to wait it's turn; that's what the list is designed to do and that's what it's doing.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guise of the Deceiver - Never adjust to Mask of Deception. Never becomes legacy. Does this hurt ANYTHING other than it's rarity post removal? And some people's e-peen?

Manastone - Never removed from loot table. Never legacy. Value plummets. We all get a shot at this mostly worthless toy. A few classes get a small advantage.

Jboots - No list, no need for changes to the original timeline. It's value is moot compared to the other items on /list.

Rubicite - Never removed. No longer becomes legacy. It isn't a complete game changer. We will be swimming in Fungi Tunics in a couple of years anyhow. It's primarily fashion quest?

These suggestions most I've seen before. This is an example of alternate timeline classic. It still feels classic. We are already playing in an alternate timeline "classic." We should stop trying to preserve these unhealthy classic play styles. A lot has changed IRL in 20 years.
correct on every single count, also increase their drop rate significantly
Old 11-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It doesn't really circumvent the point of the list system. The point of the list system was to keep the camp from being passed off person to person within say a certain guild or group of friends. You cannot do this with the list system. Sure, a guild can account share across multiple characters, thereby increasing their odds of getting multiple MS's within their guild, but they can't simply monopolize the camp. Each character has to wait it's turn; that's what the list is designed to do and that's what it's doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item.
We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it.
Having multiple players take shifts on one account absolutely circumvents the spirit of the system that was created, as well as the fairness behind it. Without serious risk to personal health, a single player can't attempt this camp as it's currently implemented. 50+ hours at only two weeks in for some people, with the majority of the pop still in their 20's or below. That's insane.

The whole point was to give everyone a fair shot. That's not the case now.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Aviak

Stop blaming the players... blame the system
Closed Thread