Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 01:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Timing shaman epic dot for root rotting

Hello!
I decided to reinstall p99 after a good few years away and I noticed that there is no longer any text for the damage ticks of the shaman epic to help manage timing for root rotting. I used to be able to juggle a handful of mobs just by timing my enstill with a specific amount of damage from the epic dot, but I've been struggling to dial in the timing now.
Does anyone have any tips for timing the epic dot?
Sorry if this topic has been covered but I wasn't able to find any info through searching.
Old 02-18-2022, 10:24 AM
Aviak

A lot of people use log readers, like GINA or NParse. You set is up to look for "is consumed by raging spirits of the land" and start a 1.5 minute timer. Depending on how much you understanding coding and how much effort you want to put in, you can make these programs track quite a bit of information and have a lot of complexity.

Both of those parsers are approved to be used on the server, I'm sure there are others but those ones are popular.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

When the nerf happened is when I was leveling my shaman in HS. After a while if you are fighting the same mobs you get to know what level the mob is and at what % of health they are at when you need to re-click epic, or re-root them. Just takes time if you are at the same camp for a long while to dial it in.

If you switch camps, all that info you've gathered will go out the window. Also if you go somewhere where the mobs are a static level, you will get it down pretty quick. Like if you went to PoM rat maze, you will know what level each rat is before hand and what % of health they are at when your epic dot wears off. Pretty quick to dial it in there
Old 02-18-2022, 04:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the responses - tried for awhile this morning to get gina running and have been having issues, but it looks like a very useful program and well worth the time to figure out
Old 02-19-2022, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Nparse is much more user-friendly for buffs and debuffs. As a Shaman it's your best friend. I use both Nparse and Gina, but have my buffs and debuffs on the Nparse side.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Nparse and Gina for me, I have had not any issue with that.
Closed Thread