Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That argument is so overused, illogical, and unnecessarily belligerent that it makes me want to vomit every time I see it.
/Hands you a puke bag. Enjoy friend.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/Hands you a puke bag. Enjoy friend.
yep that's pretty much all people like you can do is gloat, an intelligent response or an effort to understand where someone else is coming from is wayyy too much to ask for, you'd think some people would've have grown up some in the last 7-10 years.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got news for you, friend. Classic Everquest is no game for anyone who doesn't "have time". You want EZ server. It's that way ===>
first i never said i wanted the EZ but dont come in here trying to designate how a person should play. i dont care how you play, so dont worry about how i should.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

What a farce... devs made up their minds before this poll even went up. At least be honest with us if you're not going to respect our opinions.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Read what nilbog has stated several times in this thread. The poll is pretty meaningless since people were just spamming new accounts to vote. The feedback he got was useful though.

Besides, this isn't a democracy.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read what nilbog has stated several times in this thread. The poll is pretty meaningless since people were just spamming new accounts to vote. The feedback he got was useful though.

Besides, this isn't a democracy.
the game may not be a democracy however every person who quits because the game is a barren wasteland other than ec, lguk, and the sols is another one you wont be able to group with.

Of course when the population falls to a certain tipping point the globals will come back then the cycle will begin again.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Kobold

The game isn't a barren wasteland. It's not any less populated than before. Everyone flocked to LGuk/Solb with global chat on anyway, global chat effectively shrunk the world moreso than turning it off.

I'm not worried about the population. It's 10 times the population of the other emu servers, and that basically says it all. I see this as a good thing for the server.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hmm, current population on a Tuesday during work hours (12:48 Central Time US): 429.

That seems pretty good to me.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Kobold

I liked original EQ because friends were made in a zone and you could carry on somewhat-meaningful discussions with a smallish number of people in zone.

If I wanted to try and slip conversation in between 30 "wts" and spammy retard crap in a global channel, I'd go back to WoW.

We're here to play Classic EQ, not Classic EQ + a few conveniences. Because once we start down that path, we end up with mercenaries and instant ports anywhere in the world and KEI bots and... well, you get the idea.

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, current population on a Tuesday during work hours (12:48 Central Time US): 429.

That seems pretty good to me.
I bet during summer these numbers will go up. The question is will they hold?

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Closed Thread