Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Banned

man the afterlife is one hell of a funny thing. either way you're fucked. its hell or nothing for most ppl.

damn
Old 02-01-2017, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man the afterlife is one hell of a funny thing. either way you're fucked. its hell or nothing for most ppl.

damn
"but knowing that my existence is meaningless gives meaning to my existence" -liberals

and we wonder why they want to pay out reparations.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

theres no such thing as a soul

also drugs
Old 02-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Banned

typeing good comes so naturally that i deliberately make mistakes. like im typing with phone autocorrect right now. it takes me extra keystrokes to achieve the aesthetic i achieve. u have a middling iq and dont understand feng shui or beauty in general
Old 02-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Banned

you're nuts are small kid
Old 02-02-2017, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Does a soul have to be eternal for it to exist?

Shall we dig it to the normative question?
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Large Bat

Some people believe that many souls at some point became fragmented, and one soul can contain many people, or that many people together all share parts of one same soul.

There is also a concept known as loss of consciousness, which could be the case with some of your descriptions in the OP.

Whose to say there is a finite amount of souls? If energy is indeed finite, perhaps it can be transferred some how or way to make additional souls?

I didn't read most of the replies, but someone was discussing the importance of hallucinogens in regards to assisting mankind's development. People can have similar (or even more enhanced) experiences comparable to those when taking hallucinogens without the drugs. There are shamanic and spiritual practices which alter brainwave frequencies to levels comparable to those of one who is under the influence of hallucinogens.

Basically, you can trip without the drugs, and those who successfully delve into that realm might even have more control over the experiences. Some believe that in some cultures, shamans only used the hallucinogens to teach apprentice shamans what they are trying to achieve, and then they learn how to get there without the substance.

I guess the point to me writing some of this is to state that the experience is a part of life, and the drugs are just a means to achieve that state of experience, but they are not the only means. It was discussed as if the drugs were the experience, and that it was the drugs that were important, but really the experience is important, and the drugs are just a crutch to boost you into that realm.

I suspect that this is part of a very ancient knowledge that was either lost or withheld from most people of our era, and it accounts for the state of our civilization, which, though relatively technically advanced, lacks in other aspects, which usually leads us to speculating on the true nature(s) of life.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people believe that many souls at some point became fragmented, and one soul can contain many people, or that many people together all share parts of one same soul.

There is also a concept known as loss of consciousness, which could be the case with some of your descriptions in the OP.

Whose to say there is a finite amount of souls? If energy is indeed finite, perhaps it can be transferred some how or way to make additional souls?

I didn't read most of the replies, but someone was discussing the importance of hallucinogens in regards to assisting mankind's development. People can have similar (or even more enhanced) experiences comparable to those when taking hallucinogens without the drugs. There are shamanic and spiritual practices which alter brainwave frequencies to levels comparable to those of one who is under the influence of hallucinogens.

Basically, you can trip without the drugs, and those who successfully delve into that realm might even have more control over the experiences. Some believe that in some cultures, shamans only used the hallucinogens to teach apprentice shamans what they are trying to achieve, and then they learn how to get there without the substance.

I guess the point to me writing some of this is to state that the experience is a part of life, and the drugs are just a means to achieve that state of experience, but they are not the only means. It was discussed as if the drugs were the experience, and that it was the drugs that were important, but really the experience is important, and the drugs are just a crutch to boost you into that realm.

I suspect that this is part of a very ancient knowledge that was either lost or withheld from most people of our era, and it accounts for the state of our civilization, which, though relatively technically advanced, lacks in other aspects, which usually leads us to speculating on the true nature(s) of life.
Drugs.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread