Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:35 PM
Aviak

Talking

I can't say that I have any regrets bc EQ is where trolling was birthed so I learned to troll hard...but there were some very mean things I may have participated in to some extent in live...

For instance, on one occasion, around kunark when there were very few 60's and epics were just starting to bloom. My friend had a druid and he came up to me with a charmed griffin in wc, he said he was mad at a guard and was gonna go kill it with his pet so he wanted me to buff it. So I buffed it with lvl 60 cleric buffs. He then proceeded to an random enchanter and asked for speed of shissar in the tunnel, he then gated. Needless to say rampage ensued and over half the tunnel died before someone showed up to slay it, it must have went from the front to back of the tunnel 3 times destroying people for about 30 minutes.

On another occasion, I was logged on to my mage and my friend found a newbie who he lured into EK with dreams of phat lewtz. I CoH'd him with lev off the cliff, and he fill to his death. He then logged in another character and grouped with the mage and told him he saw a guy kill him and was sorry and he would help him get his corpse. As soon as he got to EK he joined the group and I summoned him again and he died a second time. He then logged onto my cleric and told him he had a resurrection ability and was going to rez him...well you can only guess he fell for it a third time...I think we cried ourselves offline we were laughing so hard.

I have no regrets...it was hilarious...even to think about it still...Never got any trouble, I don't think they ever reported, or the gm's were too busy to care. My friend did reroll like 3 times though he had a really bad rep, he enjoyed torturing puppies in EQ.

edit: Also, note this was not a pvp server. You dont need to be on a pvp server to kill people...
Last edited by meadtj; 02-02-2017 at 11:43 PM..
Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

No regrets. I sleep perfectly at night.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Aviak

I was only about 14 at the time. This was shortly after Luclin released and I had been playing EQ for a few years. I started getting bored and would search on server forums for anyone that posted their yahoo email. I had a brute force program that used dictionaries and encyclopedias with different combinations to find out their passwords. I would leave the program running and when I came home from school there would be a few accounts cracked.

I would then use it to obtain their EQ accounts and many had level 60's with Fungi, Cloak of Flames, etc. I would sell their stuff and then trade the platinum from that server for platinum on a different server to twink out characters. Then I would abandon their account. For the most part I'm pretty sure everyone got their accounts back and were item reimbursed by the GM's.

There was one lady who's account I obtained and she sent me a message from a friends account while I was on her character. She was part of a high end guild and she thanked me for stealing her account. She said she had been horribly addicted to EQ and when she could no longer login it made her step back and look at her life for the first time in awhile. She seemed genuine about it and wasn't just trying to win me over. She did get her account back and everything was fine but I'm not sure what happened to her afterwards.

I haven't done anything like that since and only did it for a few weeks but yeah I regret it.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Banned

Back when I was leveling Filbus, I was in KC with some fellow guildies, but it was totally packed. We had a full party of 6 in their mid 50s and I found out that efreeti was open. In our group at KC was a druid named Onioncraze, but he was an unecessary addition to the efreeti expedition. I was the leader of the party, and after he ported us to Lavastorm, I kicked him from group. We took efreeti without him. I'm pretty sure he left BDA shortly thereafter because he felt he didn't belong. I feel pretty bad about it, but now that I see he left BDA I feel better cause I saved him a lot of agony..

RED-

Back when trying red was a legitimate thing (following deruban and the massive xp bonus) me and some friends were in Sol B royals... Some annoying rogue named Ragnaros joined our group. The DPS was a welcome addition, but he was so loudmouthed and annoying that the party all whispered each other independently and decided to lynch him. Ragnaros came back to the ent and begged us to be let back into party. He was really cool about the lynching and seemed like he wanted to just be accepted. Eventually we cleared the shamans and got him to his corpse...

then we killed him again!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When EQ2 came out and EQ servers were doing their first merge, every player was offered a free transfer to an server of their choice. During this time I had become somewhat close with this odd fellow who seemed to never sleep and just grind up to 30 on numerous characters.

He asked me to transfer for him 10k plat from one of his characters to the other. I took his 10k, transferred servers, and never heard from him ever again. I still feel bad.
I don't exactly know why, but it's your simple story that made me cackle out loud like a witch brewing up something good.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

My biggest EQ regret was actually playing the game
Closed Thread