Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Unique donation to support project1999's development for Luclin/PoP releases
I do not wish to donate, I am contempt with current content. 128 39.14%
0 to 25 $ 57 17.43%
50 to 100 $ 63 19.27%
100 to 500 $ 29 8.87%
500 to 1000 $ 5 1.53%
1000 to 5000 $ 1 0.31%
5000 to 10000 $ 0 0%
10000 $ to 15000 $ 3 0.92%
15000 $ + 41 12.54%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Kobold

I know no one cares and this is probably a dead thread, but it sounds to me, after reading 6 pages, that Luclin/PoP would be just fine if you just disabled the PoK stones, (instead of /who all LFG... wtf...) normalized the Paludal Caverns ZEM, and removed spell vendors from PoK, three very quick n easy things to do. SOE went with PoK stones b/c they couldn't keep the boats running after the oldboys left. We don't have that problem here, so...
Old 07-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

How does one get to Luclin in the first place? Put the Scions back at the Combine portals and "wish to travel"?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to have a distorted view of who controls the server. The lack of Luclin (or anything else about this server) has nothing to do with who the current top dog guild is, and everything to do with what the people running the server want ...

... and they don't want Luclin.
My post wasn't about actual control.

I made that clear
Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that you may be missing the point. People don't want Luclin+ because they are interested in disrupting things--they don't want it because it is where the game started to go downhill quickly.
In their opinion, yup.

I said that.
Quote:
There are people like you describe, but guess what? There will always be those people, and they would exist if the server continued on to PoP, and they would exist on a fresh version of the current server.
Also something I said.

I don't have to guess what.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin can't be much worse than this shitty Velious content.
I personally think that's when the game started to go down hill quickly.

Gunnter
- 60 Assassin
Syzzurp Purpledrank - 60 Grandmaster
Scientology Tomcruise -60 Phantasmist
< The Mystical Order >
Old 07-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsykedaddy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally think that's when the game started to go down hill quickly.
When a company begins to dumb down their game, it is always the beginning of the end for it.

I have never been able to find many redeeming qualities, in regards to Luclin as an expansion. Out of curiosity, for those that would like to see Luclin, what exactly is it about Luclin that you enjoyed back in the day?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:01 PM
Large Bat

Primarily, what I liked about Luclin was the Beastlord class. Not so much that it was considered an overpowered class, though being able to solo is great, but it was the concept of the class itself I loved. Having an alligator pet was also awesome, and the primary reason I went with Troll. My Beastlord was my favorite character.

As for other features of Luclin, I don't remember a lot of them. I remember leveling in zones, but none of them struck me as memorable compared to classic zones. Vah Shir were, in my opinion, a good addition as a race. I liked the concept of AA's, as it gave me something to work towards. The bazaar was useful, though I understand why we'd likely never see it on the server. I was not fond of the majority of the Luclin models, and the only use I had for mounts was for medding while standing. That is about all I remember.

As I mentioned before, I'm fine with Luclin, but I do see parts of it as custom content more likely. I would not be against Luclin, however.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When a company begins to dumb down their game, it is always the beginning of the end for it.

I have never been able to find many redeeming qualities, in regards to Luclin as an expansion. Out of curiosity, for those that would like to see Luclin, what exactly is it about Luclin that you enjoyed back in the day?
The game only got more intricate as time went on.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

I really enjoyed Paludal Caverns. That was a cool zone, finding hidden lakes, breaking up smuggler holds, navigating knife edge pathways, discovering bizarre creatures in the darkness... really felt I was spelunking!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

I would pledge departure.