Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20-30 day individual full account suspensions will make people act right. You won't have to suspend an entire guild from raiding. Imagine Henrique not be able to login his account for a full month. Nobody will be fucking up.
Exactly. Smash them hard and either they will shape up or they will wither into nothingness never to be seen again in the game.

Minimum of 30 day suspension handed to the individual that is the dumbass who finds it impossible to follow this set of "rules."

That or fix the shit, make it so it's against the rules to pull mobs across others to the front of the zone, I thought leashing would fix this kind of stuff?

Glad I aint in a raid guild now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Banned

i can't imagine most of A/A not having alts in other guilds by now

OT; grats to the casuals on their ntov succes btw, nice to see
Old 11-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. Smash them hard and either they will shape up or they will wither into nothingness never to be seen again in the game.

Minimum of 30 day suspension handed to the individual that is the dumbass who finds it impossible to follow this set of "rules."
Or they will just have sacrificial people to do this shit - they eat the ban then get some phat loot for their sacrifice. Even worse they have alts for this purpose. Reason you punish the whole guild is so the guild leaders have incentive to either get their members to shape up or boot them. Instead a suspension is just the price of doing business. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sereal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or they will just have sacrificial people to do this shit - they eat the ban then get some phat loot for their sacrifice. Even worse they have alts for this purpose. Reason you punish the whole guild is so the guild leaders have incentive to either get their members to shape up or boot them. Instead a suspension is just the price of doing business. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, then suspend the guild for a month. I don't think it would take many repeat offenses to teach them to behave.

Honestly I think they should just fix the mobs so they can't be exploited. That would eliminate tons of issues and make it much harder for 1-2 guils to diminate the entire server if the raids actually took some time and effort.

The way AM/AW make it sound it literally takes 10-20 mins for each encounter. If that's the case, then no wonder with batphones and proper mobility they are able to dominate so many raid encounters so easily i a short amount of time. How is this not viewed as a problem?
Old 11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make it a month suspension.
I'm actually surprised that it hasn't reached this level.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The way AM/AW make it sound it literally takes 10-20 mins for each encounter. If that's the case, then no wonder with batphones and proper mobility they are able to dominate so many raid encounters so easily i a short amount of time. How is this not viewed as a problem?
Waaaah these guilds are too good nerf pls
Old 11-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

I would have to guess that the reason server staff doesn't increase suspension lengths is twofold...1) the rules are pretty grey and the server staff is aware that most of the time their rules are difficult to understand and thus follow, and 99% time there is no malice in whatever rule was supposedly broken. And 2) most of the suspensions handed down (something 10-12 between both A/A in the last 2 years) were for political reasons, such as...letting casuals have their fun without outright forcing a rotation.

Believe me, if Sirken actually felt like we were out here trying to cheat week in and week out, he would up the lengths or disband us.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have to guess that the reason server staff doesn't increase suspension lengths is twofold...1) the rules are pretty grey and the server staff is aware that most of the time their rules are difficult to understand and thus follow, and 99% time there is no malice in whatever rule was supposedly broken. And 2) most of the suspensions handed down (something 10-12 between both A/A in the last 2 years) were for political reasons, such as...letting casuals have their fun without outright forcing a rotation.
I would argue more about how they handled punishment early server. If you can recall pre-uthgard vs. post ect.. The days of the server being held hostage for days straight by ddos attacking nerds pissed they got banned is long dead. sure as hell would resurface if some end game elitist got his shit taken away for good with million+ plat/items. Same reason you could buy and sell accounts/stuff before. its all a test of the emergency norrath system
Old 11-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

lol this thread is pathetic.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think enough can be said of the fact that server rules right now disadvantage guilds who want to crawl tov. Any other guild can train over their raid force at any time just by /shouting a warning, wiping them. The rules as written have resulted in this "pull everything to zone" phenomenon. A crawl force would be trained to death by A/A in regular play time.

New server rule: no pulling North to zonein or exit. You've gotta crawl the dragons. If you don't like it, tough, that's EverQuest.
It literally took CSG years and multiple suspensions of both guilds to get up the nerve to try and crawl NToV. And even they pulled more than half the dragons to the entrance first.

Quote:
People are "non factors" and don't raid thanks to the awful ruleset and shitty attitude of nerds like you.

Why is this not made a rule? Why do the present rules encourage training when training aint allowed in all other circumstances? Such an easy fix to stop shitty gameplay that includes training and the instant gratification of taking down dragons in 10 minutes... Which ironically is not classic.
Training has been the rule for 7+ years in VP. Clearly your posting about things you don't comprehend again...

People don't radi due to the misconceptions created by you and the forum trolls like you. I respond to batphones maybe 3 times a month if I am being super active right now, yet I still have enough RA to bid on anything I want in AM. I'm glad that logging in 3 times in 39 days makes me a no life neckbeard though.
Closed Thread