Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman Alchemy race change pot!

Epic quest to change gods!
I can pretty much guarantee neither of those will ever happen. The problem is ... let's say I roll a Barbarian Shaman. I get all the way to 60 using my almost 0% XP penalty (vs. 40% for trolls), my ability to buy/sell in good towns, my Tribunal-imbued Northman armor, etc.

Then, I drink a potion and become a Troll. Now I get the Troll racial benefits like regen, but I never had to suffer the Troll issues (like being KOS in Freeport) like a real Troll would when leveling up. Same problem, just on a lesser scale, for religions: if I use the Cazic fear necklace to level up then switch to Inny to get the snare necklace once I'm 60, I have an unfair advantage over players who started out with Inny and didn't get the fear necklace.

It might be possible to give a huge downside to whoever drinks a race change potion (eg. they lose a few extra levels, beyond the XP penalty difference, to make up for any advantages they had), but based on previous comments from the devs even that seems very unlikely.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can pretty much guarantee neither of those will ever happen. The problem is ... let's say I roll a Barbarian Shaman. I get all the way to 60 using my almost 0% XP penalty (vs. 40% for trolls), my ability to buy/sell in good towns, my Tribunal-imbued Northman armor, etc.

Then, I drink a potion and become a Troll. Now I get the Troll racial benefits like regen, but I never had to suffer the Troll issues (like being KOS in Freeport) like a real Troll would when leveling up. Same problem, just on a lesser scale, for religions: if I use the Cazic fear necklace to level up then switch to Inny to get the snare necklace once I'm 60, I have an unfair advantage over players who started out with Inny and didn't get the fear necklace.

It might be possible to give a huge downside to whoever drinks a race change potion (eg. they lose a few extra levels, beyond the XP penalty difference, to make up for any advantages they had), but based on previous comments from the devs even that seems very unlikely.
What if it was a crazy long epic quest type thing to get the components? or you ate a level of exps?
Old 11-20-2017, 05:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Delete the red server, replace with PvP queues for battleground-style arenas.

Infinite content.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you guys think of that for custom content?
Have you considered stand up comedy?

That's some Eddy Murphy in his prime right there.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Banned

I need a seperate post to recover my breath, heavy wheezing.

Custom content? On r99?

Haah, man please say it again
Old 11-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Banned

what's next, free drugs for all?
Old 11-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

What do you guys think of that for custom content?

Basically red server players would zone into one side, and blue server players would zone into the other side. This would be normal CTF rules. The players would get the flag (goblin) and bring it back to their base. Players would also attempt to kill the flag (goblin) carriers and defend their base.

We have also thought of other ideas such as a "plexus" where no flag is involved. Players from each server would zone in and PvP.

Examples: Epidemic vs Aftermath or Apex vs Awakened.
Protect a goblin.... LOL. You guys want to waste the next 2 years of your lives coding some battlground protect a goblin shit that will get boring after a week. Or you could just spend a day, wipe the server and keep it moving.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Protect a goblin.... LOL. You guys want to waste the next 2 years of your lives coding some battlground protect a goblin shit that will get boring after a week. Or you could just spend a day, wipe the server and keep it moving.
This is why a classic server works. Emulator developers usually (always) have really bad ideas. All we need them to do is replicate the success of the original game and keep content/progression moving by recycling servers every 2-3 years. This requires skills in coding and almost no decision making.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:45 PM
Orc

Only a wipe to vanilla will bring people back and a teams ruleset might even lure some players from blue over.(There is a reason there were more teams servers than FFA back in the day)
Old 11-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbreak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy playing velious for the remainder of your life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that what we're all here for?

And sorry if I singled you out unfairly, it's just these damn rumors won't die even in the face of direct evidence, and I swear some people do it just to troll. If you honestly just hadn't seen the staff replies and genuinely believed the Daybreak thing your post is completely reasonable (though I hope I've now debunked that particular rumor for you).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-20-2017 at 08:23 PM..
Closed Thread