Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 02:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get the hang of eq and want an even earlier experience check out m59 on steam. Two of the original devs still run the three active servers and it hasn’t changed in almost 30 years.
Oh, I put "m59" into the search bar on the Steam store, and got "0 results match your search". What am I missing?
Old 05-14-2021, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
halfling warrior is actuall minmax

were as ogre warrior is 'on paper min max'

gnome pretty close to minmax2 cuz of certain things like bullshmasher in classic, high dexterity etc

admittedly its fun to solo ogre warriors till about 24.. but then idk, troll warrior kinda takes over as being something, by 50 they are all kinda got their pros and cons

maybe rather than thinking in terms ofmin max ppl should do /pro/con lists
Thats what minmaxing is. Getting a list of the pros and cons and opting to go with the route that offers the most (or the most effective) pros
Old 05-15-2021, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I put "m59" into the search bar on the Steam store, and got "0 results match your search". What am I missing?
meridian something
Old 05-28-2021, 06:37 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
meridian something
Ohhh ... Meridian 59! I remember that, as my brother played it. It came out before EQ by 2 or 3 years if I remember correctly. I never played it, so no real desire to try it now, but I can see it appealing to those who played it back in the 90s.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohhh ... Meridian 59! I remember that, as my brother played it. It came out before EQ by 2 or 3 years if I remember correctly. I never played it, so no real desire to try it now, but I can see it appealing to those who played it back in the 90s.
It’s heavy pvp and with its low pop it doesn’t work out that great.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yeah just started playing myself after hearing great things about this game. Wish me luck.
Closed Thread