Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-26-2021, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Default Morphing loot on slain NPCs

This bug is an attempt to describe what i see in the loot window.

Upon right clicking a mob to loot, i see an item on the corpse and quickly (a fraction of a second) goes by and the piece of loot morphs into another.

For just an example right clicking on mob shows a tares lichen but before i can loot it, it shows a preserved split paw eye (the eye being the item that is looted).
Old 10-05-2021, 01:54 PM
Kobold

still happening sometimes
Old 10-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Banned

drugs
Old 10-10-2021, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Almost always the item briefly displayed is the last item in your loot window I assume. This is just lag.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by adruidarkly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost always the item briefly displayed is the last item in your loot window I assume. This is just lag.

Well im glad we've proven Tunabros is unintelligent and abusive yet again.

Server side or my side ? running a fibe connection here.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen this issue before as well. Based on how I have seen the bug, it isn't "morphing" loot, like the mob had X item and now it has Y item.

What is probably happening is the loot window stops receiving graphics updates when it is hidden. So if the window has some stale data in it from when it was last closed, it will take one or two frames for the game to update the window when it first pops back up. This is because the window is basically paused when it is hidden. For performance reasons you don't want to try and update the window while it is hidden.

This is what would be considered a very low priority bug, as it doesn't affect your game or loot at all, it is just a quick graphics glitch. It is almost certainly a client side bug, not related to their servers or your internet connection.

It may not even be fixable by the staff, as the game client is not made by them, and we do not have the source code. That limits what can be done to fix client side bugs like this.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-16-2021 at 03:34 PM..
Old 10-16-2021, 11:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen this issue before as well. Based on how I have seen the bug, it isn't "morphing" loot, like the mob had X item and now it has Y item.

What is probably happening is the loot window stops receiving graphics updates when it is hidden. So if the window has some stale data in it from when it was last closed, it will take one or two frames for the game to update the window when it first pops back up. This is because the window is basically paused when it is hidden. For performance reasons you don't want to try and update the window while it is hidden.

This is what would be considered a very low priority bug, as it doesn't affect your game or loot at all, it is just a quick graphics glitch. It is almost certainly a client side bug, not related to their servers or your internet connection.

It may not even be fixable by the staff, as the game client is not made by them, and we do not have the source code. That limits what can be done to fix client side bugs like this.
Well, i do like your description better than "morphing loot".

Thank you