Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default L44 DWF PAL and HFL DRU Soon to be Looking

[EDIT - We're currently L52 - See latest Lagaidh post below =)]
I've posted a little in this forum before. I thought I would try a thread instead of inquiries in others for some advice.

Wife and I play as a duo. I am the paladin, she's the druid. We hit L44 the other day.

We are quite decently geared for our level. I spent a lot of time in EC (always loved trading) trading up with decent results. This has made duo'ing relatively feasible.

I feel like a rut is getting started and the remedy to that is to fan out and meet people in game. We've had fun with folks, but with our play time and how I would trade in EC, or tradeskill, they would outstrip our level and it would no longer be feasible to hang out.

I'm wondering if there is just such a guild out there that is both casual and functional. A lot of guilds claim to be casual, but end up being a chat channel. We would be looking for a medium-core guild: the kind of guild that still does things (groups, some progression, some raids) in a metered enough way that folks can A: not have to play every single day to keep up and B: enjoy each other's company. I was in a guild like this in live that ended up going the uber route when we realized our potential.

I don't care if I'm ever in a guild that goes uber, but it would be nice to one day raid a plane, or do Kael raids when the time comes.

Lagaidh and Kythe Smif would like to say hullo! We can't play all the time, but we need to be doing more with our time!

I was always a PAL in live, 310 days on Lag the 1st. I know my class even if I'm not a gear guru. Kythe was a CLR in live, and she's done fine as a DRU for us so far.

Drop a couple posts on us and let's see what comes of it.
Last edited by Lagaidh; 05-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: Updated our level information
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

divinity, bda, vd, reclamation, and countless others probably fit your description. Try and group up with some of the different guilds who have people around your level and make a call.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks! Names are what I'm looking for. And hopefully a few recruiters or guild folks to float through and describe their team.

Appreciate your response.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

ninik handles applicants for divinity can't speak for others. Check out some of the guild websites would be a start.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

go to innothule swamp and get a ivandyrs hoop. Then please sent Quickfingers a tell for a guild invite. We accept all people from all walks of life. We are the premier raiding guild of p99.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Transatlantic Rampage is going to be needing to fill their roster back up again...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

And it's for certain that they are a casual guild!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Fire Giant

Well, time has marched on and we're L52. Our gear is even better and EC is really beginning to peter out right about now. Trading is harder and harder on the mass amount of low value items I normally trade.

The story is basically the same. The wife travels for work, and I'm apt to play way more than her but wanting us to stay somewhat the same level.

Damn it- I'm really beginning to itch to raid a bit. I can't go full force into it like I did in live; raiding 4 nights a week for hours and hours per raid.

Some of the early raiding content I never did in live. I never got to kill Nagafen and only ever killed Vox once. I didn't really raid the high end zones in Kunark. Our raiding lives began in Kael Drakkal on live. We did some work around the arena and got drops for custom quest armor.

Our expertise came in Luclin and PoP- we raided that to death. From what I hear, earlier content is just tank and spank. I can do that. I can follow orders. I am an agro magnet and offtanked minor bosses in PoP and would be main tank for the trash clears. I've always been a DWF PAL =)

On p99 there was one guild that gave us a trial tag for a Hate raid that was aborted 20 minutes in due to a lack of targets and turned into a rolling abortion of a Fear raid. That turned both of us off for a while at being guilded. Not because we don't know how to take a defeat, but because we felt there might not be a guild that would fit a more casual raid schedule and still be able to succeed- it's a tricky mix.

Wife raided as a CLR in live, but she's gotten the hang of druid duties quite well.

Some of the raids available in the current content would basically be new to us as in live we either didn't hit it, or we hit it way after it became trivial due to later expansions' gear and abilities.

I thought I might pop back into this old thread to say "we're still here" and list out the kind of guild we'd like and see if folks could again point us to what remains on the server. As far as I know, I've only ever accidentally pissed off a single player in game and nobody on the boards.

Blah blah forum vomit =)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Once you guys get 60 if you become interested in raiding the top end content please check out www.themysticalorder.net link also in my sig.

Glad to see you guys playing here and having fun!! If you ever need any help in game like a rez or something feel free to contact me "Quizy/Quark/Bunn"

Thanks!

-Quizy
Bunn - 54 Cleric
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you guys get 60 if you become interested in raiding the top end content please check out www.themysticalorder.net link also in my sig.

Glad to see you guys playing here and having fun!! If you ever need any help in game like a rez or something feel free to contact me "Quizy/Quark/Bunn"

Thanks!

-Quizy
That's kind of you Quizy, but from what I can gather, it would appear that TMO may require more time out of its members than we could provide. I may be wrong, but this is just the impression I get. Especially with the "once you guys get 60" part. A guild that's only interested in a max level recruit on a server that won't go beyond that max level sounds like they might require more that we can give =)

Don't get me wrong- I love the uber guilds. Without guilds like that, I would not have my kunark breastplate (took every cent we had and busting up my rubi set, but damn it- I got it! (still broke from that months later)). They don't go to trade without uber guilds raping that content on a regular basis!

You know... is this server paladin light? Of the kunark bps I've ever seen for sale... I swear I've seen the DW BP for sale the most. When it was 200k I thought "I'll never get that...", then 100 "Hmm... one day... one day..." then 60k "OH SHIT SELL ALL OUR GOOD STUFF I CAN GET THAT!!!"

Sorry for the blather. I was way early to work and am slumming on the boards =)

Hopefully Kythe and I can group around with some of your folks's alts on the way up. I'm trying to make us some contacts to finally get to know server folks.