Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

The entire problem is a lack of interest in Everquest classic PVP. The server is fine, and a wipe would probably make more people quit after how much time they've invested in multiple characters, especially if they expect another wipe in the future.

And shut up Revy. Don't be an arrogant prick because you're helping to reduce the population. I care about what he has to say. Although EQ pvp seems like a lost cause except for the box we currently have. Unless you guys want to do some advertising, which could actually work. Imagine even 100 new players?
Old 06-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire problem is a lack of interest in Everquest classic PVP. The server is fine, and a wipe would probably make more people quit after how much time they've invested in multiple characters, especially if they expect another wipe in the future.

And shut up Revy. Don't be an arrogant prick because you're helping to reduce the population. I care about what he has to say. Although EQ pvp seems like a lost cause except for the box we currently have. Unless you guys want to do some advertising, which could actually work. Imagine even 100 new players?
You are equally as retarded as the other guy.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I am sure it is the PVP in EQ causing the server to be a ghost town. I mean, when the game was only 15 years old the PVP was still modern and exciting but now at 17 it sucks.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Wipe would bring people back, who is going to be mad? the dudes still farming seafuries?
More people who have probably already invested more time than the 27 people online aren't playing because its not fun playing on a Velious server with a pop of 27.

Wipe it clean or start a new fresh server. Lets do this
Old 06-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a pretty chronic problem with emu servers that they wait way too long to take action, without a bottom line to push things along. I don't know if a wipe and/or new server would even have much of an effect at this point.

I think we're screwed bros. Staff is partially to blame with lack of CSR presence in an environment that really needs it, lack of a single dedicated resource focusing on PVP code, and content delays/extended timelines that really have a much more pronounced effect in a PVP environment. But the community didn't do itself any favors here either, lets be honest. The bitter multiyear blood feud dick measuring contests over the years either chased away any new players entirely or sucked them into one side or the other and perpetuated it.

I suppose it is worth a shot, but if you were the staff here would you be putting your time and effort into a new red server that is going to composed mostly of the degenerate malcontents you basically abandoned over the last 2 years because of how big a pain in the ass they are or a new blue server to address actual overcrowding on your flagship "product"? I think it is worth at least an attempt at doing it correctly, but I can honestly see how they might feel it is not.
in that case they should post such, so i can abandon this place

its np really, just that there is a shred of hope left keeping me here
Old 06-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like I've seen it all now after Red99, VP, Trak, Vulak, Dain, Kael etc that I never got to do on live because I was too young.

I doubt I would play any new EQ EMU box that comes out at this point unless the PVP was epic.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are equally as retarded as the other guy.
That's ironic since all your replies are nothing but useless petty insults with no actual substance or argument. That reflects stupidity and immaturity to say the least. If you ever pass middle school you might learn the skill of having reasonable conversations with people.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's ironic since all your replies are nothing but useless petty insults with no actual substance or argument. That reflects stupidity and immaturity to say the least. If you ever pass middle school you might learn the skill of having reasonable conversations with people.
][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Take a look at the man you are speaking too. Revvy is a box legend. So STFU
Old 06-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

obvious solution to blue and red is to always have a server going through expansions. At the end of velious, characters are moved to the old persistent server, and new servers are launched.

Its not rocket science, but it does take someone to care enuff to do it
Old 06-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you even assume we play Red99 solely for the PVP. I don't know what to tell ya, you're just some kind of special dumbass.
Closed Thread