Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Default Having trouble with fullscreen

Hello there, just started playing and I'm having trouble staying in fullscreen mode.

It seems like if I click anywhere on the screen that wouldn't be within the game window in windowed mode, it kicks me out of fullscreen. I can't seem to expand the window to fill the screen either. Is there any way to correct this? I've chosen the resolution closest to my monitor. I'm running Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Update:

So I switched to the largest resolution, which is slightly bigger than my screen in windowed mode before going to full screen and that seemed to have fixed the issue I was having.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had the same problem. Suggestions 1 and 2 in the stickied technical FAQ thread solved it. Specifically, changing the ini file so the windowed resolution matches my full screen resolution, and then using alt-enter to go full screen. This way, there's no part of the screen where my mouse thinks it's clicking outside the game.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

go to Options > Display > Video modes > hit accept and click yes.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Aviak

This happens to me, too. Going to try the above suggestion next time this occurs, but what I've found that works for me is when this starts happening, I've found that changing my UI (whether through the options window or through the /loadskin command) helps. It's a pain, but I'll select the default UI (/loadskin default) then I'll go back to the Velious UI (/loadskin velious). This fixes it for me. At least for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

If you installed EQ outside of the program files folder there will be a eqclient.ini file inside the Everquest folder. Open the file in notepad and look for the section that lists the Video mode(resolution). Make sure they are all the same as your monitors resolution you are running. Save and close the file and load up EQ. Make sure you do all this with EQ closed ofcourse. If you installed EQ inside program files the eqclient.ini file is located in a hidden folder in the app data folder.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

If I switch to windowed and want to go back to full screen I run into the same issue. To fix this while I am in game go to options then click full screen then go to to the resolution option while in game and select the appropriate resolution and hit accept ( even if it is on the correct resolution you have to do it anyways). This allows full screen to stay at full screen. It works on all of my computers.