Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Default PSA: Forum rule addition [Sticky Post]

There is now a maximum number of posts permitted per day under the new anti-spam rule. Those like myself- which is to say, those interested in engaging in erudite and scholarly discussions and debates- are most effected, I myself returning from a temporary ban. Reason: spamming. We don't know how many posts are permitted per day, and it may even be a parameter-fluid non binary rule. So please. Post carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 03-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Non-public forum, website, so any potebtial issue is nonexistant.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I too was banished for spam. It was in my exile that I came to understand the artistic expression of my assault on the enemy was occluded beneath repetitive thread titles. The perceived delinquency was exacerbated by the brevity of my attacks and the great alacrity with which they were delivered.

It is now apparent that the beast lay beneath the protective bulwark of forum law. Our sentries, blind to its deviously shrouded malevolence, permit it free entry to our lands and so it walks among us. If ever we are to emerge free men and women and things of mixed kind from this most dire of tribulations, our war must assume a new form.

May the enemy know terror by night and dread by day. Let it find refuge only in the jealous arms of its companions sleeplessness and hopelessness. Let it cower beneath its wet blankets rank with its own sweat and urine, wary of every shadow, every crease and crevice in the great structures of this world and even those of its own mind. May it find no reprieve in the open fields or sea, bound only by the horizon on all sides. Let it know fear. Let it know that behind every blade of grass and just beneath the placid placid blue waters, doom lurks, hungering...

Indeed, the good work has already begun that we might wake to a brighter dawn. Let not your heart flounder in dspair of abandonment. It is not for you to suffer the contemptuous glares of your fellow elf for eternity. Nay, the time will come that every elf will open his or her eyes and with their arms and hearts and their very souls enfold you out of their great thanks for your works.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned

Get a job and ya'll won't have this problem.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

The forums work in mysterious ways, don't they? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as long as this "spam filter" keeps Lune permanently suspended, I'm cool with it
My account has never been sanctioned, I've just been balls deep in a chrono trigger emulator.

It's only a problem if you're vomiting out a high volume of low-effort, low-quality shitposts that disgust the mods. Just read a couple melonposts to find out what to avoid. Remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken
I'm going to be deleting all threads that I deem to be spam
Lot of these idiots were being racist too.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My account has never been sanctioned, I've just been balls deep in a chrono trigger emulator.

It's only a problem if you're vomiting out a high volume of low-effort, low-quality shitposts that disgust the mods. Just read a couple melonposts to find out what to avoid. Remember:

Lot of these idiots were being racist too.
you so funny ^^
Old 03-05-2017, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

The end is nigh now!
Old 03-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

I made 1 thread and less than 10 comments in threads and they hit me with a spam ban.

mods are one of two things:
a) rustled liberals
b) of questionable sexual preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 03-05-2017, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made 1 thread and less than 10 comments in threads and they hit me with a spam ban.

mods are one of two things:
a) rustled liberals
b) of questionable sexual preference
The 2 tend to go together
Closed Thread