Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Default New to p99, looking for guidance

Hello all! I am new to p99 but not Everquest. I played a long time ago and wanted to get back into it.

My biggest question is what class you all would reccomend. I am leaning towards druid for heals and ports and sow and all that, but I am curious if the server needs other stuff more? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Take car
Old 03-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Default Same boat

I just started under similar circumstances. My simplest advice is to roll a caster. Melee classes are very gear dependent so for a first character I would highly recommend a caster. You really can't go wrong with a druid. Hit me up on Cambiant or Drauglin.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Druid is a good starting character. It can do a lot and it's useful in lower level groups. It's not terribly gear dependent, either, so you can be effective with very little.

Grouping will give you good exposure to the other classes and give you a good feel for what all of the classes do and you can decide if you want to stick with druid or if something else looks like more fun.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Druid is a popular first pick due to the thought of 'port money,' but I'd wager druids have a 95% dropout rate and quickly become alts when they reach 40s and 50s.

Id save yourself the time and go for something else. Mage or Necro.

Porting is also terrible in the long run as it gives no experience and not that much money.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Honestly groups are most often easily found in the good exp zones, Unrest, MM and then sometimes later in places like CoM.

I have found that you can still level any class but it may be a bit more difficult at times if you get tired of the "hot" exp zones, so having a good solo class might help with that so you can go level anywhere.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggernuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all! I am new to p99 but not Everquest. I played a long time ago and wanted to get back into it.

My biggest question is what class you all would reccomend. I am leaning towards druid for heals and ports and sow and all that, but I am curious if the server needs other stuff more? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Take car
Welcome! My thoughts:
  1. Play what you want to play: if you try to do a different class you don't really want to play because the one you want is too popular/not popular enough you will wind up abandoning that toon
  2. Druids are great in general, and they are great for gathering plat/gear for other characters you make
  3. I don't think the server needs more druids. If you are really looking to make a healer that will always be wanted, make a Cleric (but see #1)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Well I rolled a Innoruuk worshipping troll shaman cause they always looked fun. So far I am having a blast roaming the swamp with my brother's warrior.

Just got me SoW so now we are in business.

Look us up some time. Kegluk shaman and Moxky warrior
Old 03-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Skeleton

You guys are definitely in need of an Enchanter.. ;D

I'll give a shout next time :wave
Old 03-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Kobold

Do it!
Closed Thread