Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-25-2018, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems logical both VT and VD would be updated with the same window, no?
You need to post a thread for VD with evidence..this thread is about VT after all.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This seems like the most likely formula they would have used when creating this spawn timer, to allow it to slowly get later and later so people of different time zones could get these 2 spawns..
All mobs with spawn time over 2 hrs should have a built in variance per original developer commentary. Sometimes they give bad commentary, but there is lots of evidence backing this up.

The variance scaled with spawn time, so a 2hr mob may have minutes to the variance, where a week long mob could have a day or 2.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

To paraphrase Skarlorn - doing God's work up in here.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to post a thread for VD with evidence..this thread is about VT after all.
I welcome others to try and find the evidence to support a different or shorter timer on VD. I haven't been able to find anything of substance other than people saying VT and VD "are the same" - which isn't compelling in my eyes.

So far, the best argument I've come up with is they are LIKELY the same, and if VT is going to be 48-96 hours, then Drozlin should be as well. I don't think that's particularly compelling, and while I'd love for nilbog to acquiesce and shorten up that VD timer, I do not expect him to do so. Part of the reason I didn't post VD at the same time as VT is the lack of evidence. I think there are a couple of reasons for that: 1) VD wasn't as heavily camped, and; 2) VD wasn't camped as consistently because of his location.

That being said - this thread serves to show that the original sourcing for this spawn timer is not infallible. Thus, if someone is able to produce some solid evidence that VD belongs on a shorter timer, it will have an easier chance of being accepted by the Devs.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Vessel Drozlin should be changed as well.

Spawntime
#
Sep 24 2001 at 3:10 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Spawntime is like Verina Tomb 48hours + 10% = 52.8 hours.

Flarus Germanicus
57th Dark Elf Beguiler
Ragor Fettwiesau
55th Ogre Myrmidon
-Divide et Impera- Bristlebane

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...4&p=4#comments

This came from the comments on that page. Vessel has always matched Verina's timer and was 48 hours with 10% variance during this time line. There was never anything in Kunark with a 120 hour window, no other epic mob ever had anything close to that long of a window in that era. I'm trying to determine exactly when they changed the respawn time for them, but have yet to locate this info. I'm sure it wasn't during Velious though.
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>
Old 04-28-2018, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

vessel
#
Mar 16 2002 at 3:52 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
anyone have a loc on this guy... havin trouble gettin an alt there to camp him.

also anyone who thinks verina is on a 48 hour timer still can look at the over 200 hours of text i logged from when i did her.. as far as i can tell she's random 2-9 days wouldnt be suprised if they did this to vessel to =)

Based on this comment, it looks like they were changed some time shortly after Luclin launched, I'm going to go scour patch notes for it now.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:15 AM
Aviak

From a post on October 06, 2000:
Quote:
2) Gotten 2 groups together to take out several spawns some of which are on 3 day timers. (Cazel, Bandit, Tomb, Vessel, Tangrin)
http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-5.html

From another post that day:
Quote:
On a side note, I don't know if the spawn rate of Verina Tomb has been shortened, if it's random, or if someone petitioned a repop of neriak 3rd gate, but she was up only 24 hours after the servers came up the other day after the patch. Tangrin also spawns after at most 24 hours, but Vessel still seems to be 3 days.
http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-6.html

From an October 8, 2000 post:
Quote:
About the Vessel and Tomb. They seem to have a really wierd spawning pattern. On E'Ci, we thought they were on a 2 day and 2 hour spawn rate. Shun killed the Vessel at 7 pm on Thursday so I was estimating the Vessel was going to pop again at 9pm Saturday. At noon on Saturday, I went down to the sewers to check if anyone was waiting for him. Luckily, no one was, but there was the Vessel, making life hell to the newbie creatures.
He was 7 hours early... E'ci didn't go down, and the zone didn't crash (which I got from a GM) so there must be something really random about this spawn.
http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-8.html

This seems to show that Vessel was on a similar spawn timer to Verina, at least originally
Old 04-28-2018, 03:22 AM
Sarnak

I can't find anything directly stating that Vessel is a 2 day spawn, but I have found *multiple* sites confirming a 48 hour timer for verina with 10% variance. A lot of these have people saying Vessel is the same as her, but none of them directly have the timer beside his name like they do for Verina. I'm still searching. I found a Chinese site that showed Verina was 48 hours when translated to english, so this is pretty much all but confirmed now at least with her.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a post on October 06, 2000:

http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-5.html

From another post that day:

http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-6.html

From an October 8, 2000 post:

http://web.archive.org/web/200104131.../000041-8.html

This seems to show that Vessel was on a similar spawn timer to Verina, at least originally
This is an incredibly useful resource. Has anyone been able to dig around and find the first 4 of these links? This is the 5th thread for enchanters.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Aviak

Here are all 5 threads:

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

I found all 5 of them linked from the top of this Enchanter epic guide (the one you linked from the OP).

There are other threads in the same forum as well for the epic quests of other classes, you can find them just by picking different numbers at the end of the URL (e.g. 000001 is the first Bard epic thread). You can see the full list of stuff Wayback has captured too.
Last edited by Aaeriele; 04-30-2018 at 01:28 PM..