Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default Ranger Epic Question

Can you complete the off hand ranger epic without doing the PoS and Hole parts?
Old 09-05-2021, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki is a little confusing.

Essentially there are three bottlenecks and a lot of running around for the Swiftwind:
1.) The foraging stuff and fight in EK (you can just loot this if someone else like a Druid solos it).
2.) you need to loot or MQ a Pulsing Green Stone off VSR
3.) you need to loot or MQ a swirling sphere of color.

The final turnin for each of these is two-items and you have to be possess the no-drop result to proceed.

Super short and dirty summary past the shiny bowl part…
* turn in bowl sneaking to spawn Jaeil the insane (very easy fight, a solid duo or trio can snooze him). Kill and loot hammer.
* give a lady in Erudin that hammer for a different hammer. Hand in both this one to the same npc with (or via MQ) the sphere of color for the Hammer of the Ancients.
* Give this hammer to Kinlo in Kaladim (might have to sneak depending on faction) to spawn usbak the old. He is not normally up.
1.) upon hammer turn-in/spawn you end up with a piece of mithril in your inventory so have a spot free just in case the game is weird. You turn that mithril ore into Kinlo for the refined mithril blade. This is used with the SEOC for the Earthcaller
2.) With the spawned Usbak the Old you turn in the Ancient Longsword (from the VSR stone part) and get the Refined Ancient Sword to bring back to Telin for the Swiftwind. Usbak despawns at this time.

Here is the full quest dialogue off the wiki:

“Back in Kaladim, hand Kinlo Strongarm the Hammer of the Ancients, which causes Usbak the Old to spawn.
Kinlo Strongarm looks at the hammer and nods once before slamming the head against his anvil, and shattering the head. In a cloud of dust, another dwarf appears from the cloud and tosses you a hunk of metal. Kinlo stares in awe.
Usbak the Old gives you "Small bit of Mithril Ore," which identifies as Small bit of Mithril Ore.
You say, 'Hail, Usbak the Old'
Usbak the Old says 'Took ya long enough! Ye'd think ya had an Orc head on them shoulders there. I'm owin' ya for yer help though. Else I'd have been on that darn hammer for ages. Ye said ya had an ancient blade or somethin ta be smithin. If so lemme see it.
Give Usbak the Old the Ancient Longsword and he gives you the "Refined Ancient Sword," which identifies as Sword to show Telin.
Usbak the Old admires the blade and then starts to bang the edge with a hammer. 'Hah, that was a good blade, no doubt. Ain't seen one I couldn't make better though. I'm knowin' yer cause and all I know is ye should take that ancient blade ta yer friend in the woods, he'll know what to do now. With that I'm gonna be takin muh leave. Debt paid and all. If'n yer wantin' another blade, which ye do, ye got enough ore left that Kinlo can do it for ye'
Usbak the Old despawns. Give the Small bit of Mithril Ore to Kinlo Stirngarm and he forges the "Refined Mithril Blade" for you.”

More notes:
You really need to have the swiftwind stuff done to this point or will have to re-do it again.

Again the ghost depops (per the wiki and my dusty memory) so unlike the Jaeil part where the trigger mob is just hanging out you can’t really piggyback with another ranger.
Closed Thread