Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

The Minor Illusion faction modifier stills gives me the faction of a human .. a few young dark elf chanters have complained to me about getting whacked by their own guards because of this!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 AM
Sarnak

Checking it out again, Minor Illusion still gives the faction modifier of a human and infravision. To an agnostic dark elf chanter, dark elf guards inside and outside Neriak become dubious (indifferent without illusion), necro guild leaders become threateningly (apprehensive without illusion) and leatherfoot raiders become amiable (threateningly without illusion). Minor Illusion can grant indifferent faction plz?
Last edited by Vermicelli; 08-28-2012 at 07:24 AM..
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Another way to move back in classic was to cast minour illusion and then root yourself. Back when you couldn't have two speed affecting spells at one time.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

On P99, roots break Minor Illusion, and if you try to cast Minor Illusion while rooted, it will not take hold.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Bump for coolness, I've also been kinda disappointed in minor illusion which is one of the fun spells in the game. As long as you are rooted I don't think its any more OP than hide.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

As far as I remember they never changed the faction change on MI on live, but I maybe wrong. In case they actually changed it, I am pretty sure it must have been as late as 2004-2006 as they actually did fix a lot of long time bugs/exploits in that timeframe wich had been untouched in game, some since release.

I am pretty sure tho, that MI did not just make you "Indiff" to everything. It moved you a set amount on the con list, so dependent on how high your faction was it changed you 1-2 levels towards better faction.

The usual use of MI was to eg. be able to buy enchanter spells in LFay.
Last edited by dali_lb; 09-10-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Old 09-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

I checked all the factions again, each with a human enchanter and then a dark elf enchanter. Minor Illusion is still granting the human faction modifier and also infravision. I still believe that, up to the year 2003, it would make anyone under the effects of Minor Illusion indifferent to all other /cons, and so, in this P99 timeline, we should be granted that indifference. I have tried to engage all of the moving-while-Minor-Illusioned bugs that I know of, and none have worked, so I don't think Minor Illusion making me indifferent would break any functions on our server. Can has Minor Illusion making me indifferent to all plz?
Last edited by Vermicelli; 09-08-2013 at 03:01 AM..
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Vermi's got some perseverance!
Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Ok Vermicelli, this is what I could figure out:

First of all, the enchanter minor illusion, illusion: tree and the druid treeform spell all do the same thing faction wise. So when this is slowly fixed and implemented, druids will see their treeform gain the same benefits.

As best as I could tell, these spells provided a large faction increase to a great many different factions. But, it was not a catch all "set to indifferent" deal. Also, many factions are not adjusted by these spells at all.

The neat thing about this line is that it DOES allow the shape changer the chance to become non-kos to a great many NPCs, even in dungeons.

For example, I was kos to the greater icebone skeletons in lower guk but when I used minor illusion I suddenly became apprehensive. To lesser kobolds in Innothule Swamp I went from kos to indifferent. To gnoll pups in the Qeynos noob yard I went from kos to apprehensive and to Nerissa Clothspinner who happened to be walking by at the time I went from apprehensively to indifferent.

Anyways, fixing this will take a lot of time as there is no catch all set way to implement the faction adjustments for these spells. It will have to be done faction by faction.

Does all of the above jive with you classic era enchanters/druids? I don't think these spells changed from 1999 to 2002.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

you should definitely be able to root after minor illusion and then be able to move in the illusion. this later got nerfed to where it was a bit trickier. during luclin and PoP you had to move to an area that said you cannot illusion here, drop an item, cast minor illusion, pick the item up and cast minor illusion again (now there is nothing to turn into) - the spell would say there is nothing to turn into, but now you would stay in minor illusion and could move as whatever you dropped. walking around as a spear in plane of tranquility was funny

also, I remember moving in minor illusion in umbral plains and not being kos