Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Default What Class Did you Like Having Around in Live, But Can't Stand on P99

I got along with most folks from most classes in live. Usually, it was a matter of interpersonal ability. However, thinking on some of my p99 experiences I realized there was one class I always welcomed into a group or event during live that I normally do not have good experiences with here on p99.

Bards.

I loved a good bard in my group in live. As with live, a well played bard is always a boon! However, on p99, almost every bard my wife and I have personally met has been due to one smacking one of our in-progress pulls in open zones for AoE kiting.

I know that the plural of "anectdote" is not "data", but man, all but one bard in this scenario acted like I should be prepared for the eventuality of a kiting bard taking a pull now and again.

Hmm.

Wondered. Is there a class here that you can think of that just attracts a different kind of player than it did in live?

(As an inverse, I never cared for Iksar Monks in live. The race/class seemed to attract the youngest players: Ew kewl martial arts! Ew kewl lizard dude! The IKS MNK I've met here have all been fine.)
Old 09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

Hehe. I lovem in live and here. Always. Ranger + Paladin = fun times.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

So, you say you liked having bards in a group on Live, but then say that the extent of your P99 intrecations with them is almost exclusively while they're solo-kiting.

You should try grouping with bards!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

More people than you know are fed up with them. On live it wasn't really an issue because reverse-charm kiting was so much faster. Its a shame it doesn't work here, instead of needing 40+ mobs they only needed 10 or so, and could kill them in a few seconds so the mobs could respawn. Hogging a zone full of mobs for an hour is something unique to this server.

On live it was always the necros that bugged me though. Every good loot camp is being soloed by a necro. You won't have to worry about bards at the bottom of Old Sebilis or Chardok. But those darn necros and mages will be there hogging all the nice drops.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live it was always the necros that bugged me though. Every good loot camp is being soloed by a necro. You won't have to worry about bards at the bottom of Old Sebilis or Chardok. But those darn necros and mages will be there hogging all the nice drops.
True, and I SO had necro envy on live. I never really had any good grouping necros, they were always soloing.

I've had some GREAT necro groupers here and dang can they ever bring a ton to a group!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you say you liked having bards in a group on Live, but then say that the extent of your P99 intrecations with them is almost exclusively while they're solo-kiting.

You should try grouping with bards!
Yeah fair. I guess it's worth mentioning (moving goalposts I guess) that random encounters with bards in live wasn't like here.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've had some GREAT necro groupers here and dang can they ever bring a ton to a group!
I think this is true of almost any class. Folks that pidgeon-hole a class while playing EfficiencyQuest may scoff at that sentiment.

It's the player. Not the race/class. I know the races and classes aren't balanced and some have obvious advantages and disadvantages, but... if you give any good player a chance... that player will bring a lot to a group.

Always.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

i played a necro on live, most people were resentful of a necro's great soloing ability and never gave them a chance to prove themselves in a group. things are different in p1999, most people have a basic understanding of how all classes work in a group environment.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Kobold

I had an Erudite Paladin on live as my first main. I don't think I ever saw another one over level 10, though I have seen one here on p99..... just one.
Closed Thread