Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Dain Ring and ToVK were always great symbols of how many hoots the guild gave about a player.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Kobold

When epics came out on live, I was playing my mage (my one and only character) and read the information as it was unfolding. I loved the story of the mage epic and started collecting the pieces - camp after camp. I completed the first half with a little help and then began the second half - the Staves of Mastery, camping a peg cloak, etc. So, I pulled together Phinny raids and we took him down the old-fashioned way with groups. I finally got my water staff which was thrilling. My guild wasn't able to kill gods or dragons at that time, but a mage friend told me about a guy that had an earth staff for 40k. 40k was an insurmountable sum of plat for me, i had all of 10k maybe at that time. My mage friend lent me the plat and I slowly paid him back - it was my reason for going out and leveling and looting. I finally paid him back after a long time...

So, I had been working on the quest for about a year (or thats what it seemed like to me) and just needed the crown which was selling for 100k on a good day, usually much much more than that. My server was a young server and didnt have tons in guild banks, and 100k was unfathomable to me. My guild had grown in this time and I had leveled up. We were doing hate and fear and even killed trak once or twice, but never went to PoA.

Finally, the guild leader planned a weekend-long raid. I believe we got to the 4th isle on the first day, and just made it up to the Bzzazzt isle on the second day. A necro friend and I camped there for a few weeks until the guild was ready to endure the torture of PoA again. So, that's when I made my little monk twink...

Anyways, after a few weeks or so the guild was refreshed and the Necro and I worked our magic and summoned up the whole guild to the Bee isle (Thank Veeshan I didn't go LD when I zoned out of sky, or back in!)

It took a whole day, but we finally mustered up the skillz to clear the isle and progress to 7, the plinth of the holy grail. I nearly peed myself on every kill, waiting for the loot report. After a half dozen mobs or so, a crown dropped. After hitting the bank for the other powers of the elements, i was ported up, turned in coveted peg cloak, and saw the master.

After a year of questing, i was given a scroll which I quickly scribed. Five minutes later I summoned a skittle stick which summoned an epic human. (At that time, the epic pet model was bugged and appeared as the default race, human).

I was rezzed back up to isle 7 to show off the fruits of my labor and proceed to clear the isle.

It was truly an epic quest.

That night I dinged 60 using my epic pet at frenzy in velks lab.

Aelzrith Neverest, Master of the Elements.

Succeeding where Magi`Kot failed.

Thanks, Ancient Crusade.
Last edited by Aelzrith; 09-19-2012 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
//I just heard a skeleton's casting audio. I am not in game. I am at work.
Wow i thought I was the only one....
Old 09-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Never been part of the UBER guild but I wish was ehhe.

I remembered there are 2 guilds in Errollisi Marr that are like Super bad asses.

Midnight Sojourn and Da Kor

I remembered looking at their guild members with all the cool gears and phatlewts that I never heard or see or know where they get them from.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

First time I felt like my guild was uber came with the slaying of Sontalak. We had been doing Klandi and Zlandi for quite a while among other targets and finally felt we were ready to take him on. It was a rough battle but in the end we had finally taken him down and it wasn't long after that we were farming him with the rest. Thats one litle point in time that still remains in my head heh.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

One of my first times of feeling "uber" back on Live was when I finished Innoruuk's Curse. My guild basically raided CT several times with me in mind to get SL. Mostly because I attended everyone and their brother's epic raids up until that point.

Then that night when I got my epic, our main raid leader got wind of when Trakanon had previously been killed, and determined it was on the Asian cycle (the two uber guilds had a rotation) so we went down to Seb. A bunch of people kept juggs camped while most of us camped at the beach. My alarm went off and I logged in at 3 AM and he had just popped. Some more clearing, a bad pull, and Trak was at the dip in the path. Well, we engaged and, bam, my new Innoruuk's Curse got the killing blow! Our first Trak kill. A handful of people on P99 were there and will remember that ;-)

Oh and that time a guild group was camping the VT key part in Fungus Grove. After being there all day I had to go to my ma's for Sunday dinner. Talenos gave me so much shit and called me a momma's boy. You reading this, big boy? I still often go to my ma's for Sunday dinner :P
Old 09-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Picked, which guild on MM? In the PoP days I would have been in Starlight and Shadows, usually competing against Coalescence, Altered Vision, and Spheara for targets in Luclin during early PoP.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the stories =) My threads usually circle the drain in less than 6 hours. I'm usually trying to get this kind of Gemütlichkeit going on.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Great read, op. Enjoyed it. Times I felt uber include
1. Hunting dervs in west commons, dodging hill giants.
2. First time our group killed a sand giant.
3. Kedge keep raids
4. Plane raids when the were 12 hour affairs and numerous guilds would cooperate.
5. Killing Vox and Nagafen on the same day.

I for the most part retired in early kunark (before anyone was in sebillis, skyfire, etc.)
Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what expansion were you "dropping emp ssra on a half assed attempt"?
Early into SoL actually. and half-assed attempt @ Emp early into SoL meant we had an alternate main tank, and didnt have our best geared clerics and highest HP DPS on.

Meaning, we went in intending to get some experience for an attempt the following day - and dropped him. Emp is actually an incredible pussy if you have solid off tank/CC situation going on for the snakes.

I specifically can remember our alternate main tank too - Wyatt. Dwarf warrior, was 50+ in real life and a racist.
Last edited by azeth; 09-21-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Closed Thread