Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you don't run the show here then. You don't ban people for annoying you. You've made a few broad and rather draconian statements like no one has any rights since we don't pay (this server exists on donations, incidentally) and people like that don't belong on the server... and you weed people like that out. That's absurd. There will always be trolls and people that do that kind of stuff with global OOC. You take the good with the bad. You don't just ban every annoying person on the server.
This person indeed deserves a ban, he serves no purpose but to annoy and scam people.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Garbage players like this don't deserve any consideration or tolerance. This type of person doesn't add anything to the server and causes only hurt feelings and anger. I would ban someone for such behavior. He's free to go play WOW or EQLive and cause grief there. EQ has generally had better quality players and behavior like this needs to be shut down asap.
-----------------------
Old 03-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

BANHAMMER

Hes giving halflings a bad name!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad you don't run the show here then. You don't ban people for annoying you. You've made a few broad and rather draconian statements like no one has any rights since we don't pay (this server exists on donations, incidentally) and people like that don't belong on the server... and you weed people like that out. That's absurd. There will always be trolls and people that do that kind of stuff with global OOC. You take the good with the bad. You don't just ban every annoying person on the server.
I stand by my comment.

You are trying to compare what this guy does with /ooc spam.
It's not the same thing.

I don't think I have to explain why but for the sake of not having to post about this again I will:

OOC can be filtered
ooc spam can be /ignore'd
players can be perma-muted by GM's without being banned.

I'm not saying that people who spam merely for the sake of pissing people off should be tolerated, but at least they are not directly stealing game time away from other players.

Anyone who only gets to play an hour or two a day will understand what I'm talking about.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm glad you don't run the show
sit down, son!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Ignore account feature would make this and the spammer a non issue. Make it so o_O.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore account feature would make this and the spammer a non issue. Make it so o_O.
True, but it still gives him the opportunity to do it to multiple different people at least once. Not to mention those that might not be familiar with such a feature if it was created. At that point, what reason is there to keep the guy on the server?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Axe him, the end. I stand by guineapig. For once, i'll fight by his/her side.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are a bunch of carebear whiners lol.

I don't espouse this guys actions, but if you are stupid enough to trust some random ass dude with an hour of your time (while you run wherever he beckoned you), then I'm glad you got got. Maybe next time you'll choose your groupmates more carefully. Seems like that kind of thought would go a long way to solve many of the problems players have in general, too bad it's in such short supply.

"It is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money."
-Paul "The Hustler" Newman
Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are a bunch of carebear whiners lol.

I don't espouse this guys actions, but if you are stupid enough to trust some random ass dude with an hour of your time (while you run wherever he beckoned you), then I'm glad you got got. Maybe next time you'll choose your groupmates more carefully. Seems like that kind of thought would go a long way to solve many of the problems players have in general, too bad it's in such short supply.

"It is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money."
-Paul "The Hustler" Newman
GOT GOT GOT GOT GOT GOT GOT GOT GOAT MOAT