Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are a bunch of carebear whiners lol.

I don't espouse this guys actions, but if you are stupid enough to trust some random ass dude with an hour of your time (while you run wherever he beckoned you), then I'm glad you got got. Maybe next time you'll choose your groupmates more carefully. Seems like that kind of thought would go a long way to solve many of the problems players have in general, too bad it's in such short supply.

"It is morally wrong to let a sucker keep his money."
-Paul "The Hustler" Newman
Not everyone has been on this server since launch. Is this really what you want the new player experience to end up being like? I would think that you would be all for getting rid of that kind of BS.

Frankly it amazes me that any veteran of the server would be in support of such behavior.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Axe him, the end. I stand by guineapig. For once, i'll fight by his/her side.
Looking at your previous posts I would say we agree on a ton of things. We also have similar careers. (And it's "his".)
Old 03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not everyone has been on this server since launch. Is this really what you want the new player experience to end up being like? I would think that you would be all for getting rid of that kind of BS.

Frankly it amazes me that any veteran of the server would be in support of such behavior.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't espouse this guys actions..
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..it amazes me that any veteran of the server would be in support of such behavior.
When you read, are your eyes open?

I don't think it's a great idea, and I would never do it. I am not in support of the behavior. However I do think people should be more discriminating with who they trust. I have absolutely no sympathy for lemmings who jump off cliffs.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Looking at your previous posts I would say we agree on a ton of things. We also have similar careers. (And it's "his".)
Feels good to know im not alone :P. And thanks for the gender clarification lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I don't think it's a great idea, and I would never do it. I am not in support of the behavior. However I do think people should be more discriminating with who they trust. I have absolutely no sympathy for lemmings who jump off cliffs.

Sometimes, when I'm real tired I just lean my head against the screen and absorb information through osmosis.... does that count? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:

I think most people act on grouping situations with some amount of good faith. There's very little for anyone to gain by "conning" you in this way, so it seems rather pointless to make someone travel unnecessarily.

Never in all my days of everquest (and there are many) have I asked someone to remove /role so I could verify what zone they're in. Nor have I had anyone ask me to remove /role.

It's nice to be discriminating based on whether or not you know the player when you're level 50 and you know most of the other level 50's. When you're level 25 or so, you know far fewer people, and are thus forced to take more chances. Although very few people consider this to be taking a chance. Thus, I don't think your analogy of lemmings from a bridge holds up.
Last edited by Ferok; 03-26-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people act on grouping situations with some amount of good faith. There's very little for anyone to gain by "conning" you in this way, so it seems rather pointless to make someone travel unnecessarily.

Never in all my days of everquest (and there are many) have I asked someone to remove /role so I could verify what zone they're in. Nor have I had anyone ask me to remove /role.

It's nice to be discriminating based on whether or not you know the player when you're level 50 and you know most of the other level 50's. When you're level 25 or so, you know far fewer people, and are thus forced to take more chances.
Agree fully. This isn't a standard....hey, pay my buddy the 200p and i'll get you the xyz item in abc zone on my other toon type request. This is a simple, hey looking for a group, we have a spot open, "oh ok"....or hey, Im paying 50p for a port to BB....i mean, this is standard stuff and not something you would normally 'qualify' a person over.

The guy is a douche. I'm not a huge advocate of banning because where does it stop/end and according to who....thankfully I haven't seen any powertripping by admins here....but I also don't know of a good solution either. I think he harms the game in general with this behavior ....fuck it, ban him.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

geez are you serious guys? asking to ban someone for this is way over
Old 03-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Is it so unreasonable to ban him? He's negatively impacting the community for shits and giggles.

now that i know he exists, am I going to be fooled? No. I don't expect people trying to level up to come to these forums and research who every jackass is trying to take advantage of them.
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Closed Thread