Great idea, it's a win / win for everyone !! 45 51.72%
Nope, and you are a idiot 30 34.48%
Something about nine hundred and eleven towers of bush? 12 13.79%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes sense for a zone that repops every 8ish hours, not for one that repops every 7 days.

14 guilds can rotate Plane of Sky each week and experience all the content. It would take nearly 4 months to do the same for ToV.
Yes, so you wouldn't rotate all of NToV as a zone, you would be rotating individual mobs. Similar to what already exists with Tunare.

For the sake of simplicity let's say we have four NToV capable guilds, each could get one Vulak and one Vyemm rotated to them each month. The remainder of NToV bosses could be rotated based on your position in the rotation, less valued ones being relegated to whoever has the more valuable top bosses of the zone.

And of course there are many other bosses that can factor into a rotation, Dain/Yeli/Tormax, CT. Maybe Doze and AoW are part of the meta rotation or maybe they have their own rotation depending on which guilds are capable.

Could establish ground rules for determining which guilds are considered capable of the content, and how to determine if they've regressed far enough to lose their rotation spots. Rules for engaging like kill Vulak etc. within 24 hours of spawn on your turn or it goes to the next rotation guild or goes FFA. There will never likely be 14 guilds to split between like in your quote, there's really not even fourteen for sky as all slots aren't even claimed.

Quakes could of course remain total free for alls. Maybe Kunark/Hate/Nag/Vox are completely out of the rotation and FFA across the board.

Again, this would take a lot of up front work to establish but once it was rolling it would be reasonably automatic. We'd have a nice shared google drive calendar to check your guild's place in it all instead of socking and racing a window like a manic headcase. Its not that hard to imagine considering the amount of work and organization that's gone into the rules of raid engagement by both staff and players over the years. If we can have a rule for every possible foot race scenario, then certainly we can come up with a raid calendar of relative fairness and common sense.

But of course there's always that one guild, previously AM and currently Riot, who is getting the vast majority or even all of those high value targets every spawn. For them there is zero motivation to agree to share anything until they are usurped by the next mega guild to take their place at the top.
Last edited by Fammaden; 08-15-2019 at 01:51 PM..
Old 08-15-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Any group of 40 lvl 60s with enough clerics and a competent raid leader can kill virtually every mob in the game.

Theres no such things as guilds not “capable” of killing high end stuff.

Its just they have jobs/wives/lifes outside of eq that’s the only difference.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

You would still have to sit at your computer for a 16 hr window just to hand this in. Even with a 15 min grace period your still wasting your entire day.

Either way if you guys make this happen, I would be a happy man. This is a good thing for the server whether either guild likes it or not, and thats what i am interested in.

PS. an easy solution to this is just to hand in items like this and doze quests on repops like i do rather then tracking. I understand this requires being in a guild that batphones repops but still, its a million times easier if you are just patient and dont need it RIGHT away.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 08-15-2019, 08:13 PM
Orc

It's my ring 9 and I need it now!
Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

I'd rather another npc for the turn in. FTE with free hour is terrible.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

I like the ghost idea.

Ghost of Yelinak, Ghost of Tormax, Ghost of Dain.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would still have to sit at your computer for a 16 hr window just to hand this in. Even with a 15 min grace period your still wasting your entire day.

Either way if you guys make this happen, I would be a happy man. This is a good thing for the server whether either guild likes it or not, and thats what i am interested in.

PS. an easy solution to this is just to hand in items like this and doze quests on repops like i do rather then tracking. I understand this requires being in a guild that batphones repops but still, its a million times easier if you are just patient and dont need it RIGHT away.
This isn't true Fifield, with the amount of people that have access to a batphone, or a friend who can message them on discord, all they need to do is be able to log on for a minute to do the hand in. Or they can play on other toons and have plenty of time to log over once they get notice he has popped. I also agree it is easier on quakes but those are happening like every 5-6 weeks and are totally random luck if you are around when it happens, you can't plan for or count on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree another turn NPC woud be absolutely ideal, I just don't know how to even get the ball rolling with the people who could make this change, or if they would be remotely amenable to it. If you have any way to float that idea to the right people that would be fantastic. Also, nobody said a free hour, the proposed idea was 15 minutes but that was just an arbitrary starting point that seemed like a good compromise for not leaving him up too long but still giving people time to log in and finish their quests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the ghost idea.

This really is a fantastic idea and I would love to see it implemented. The reason I didn't include this idea in my OP is I don't have any ability to reach out to the people who could make this change, aside from randomly PMing them here. Again, if anyone has more direct contact with them and could pass this idea along, that would be awesome.

And as always, thanks to everyone for the feedback here!
Old 08-21-2019, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofSpade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't true Fifield, with the amount of people that have access to a batphone, or a friend who can message them on discord, all they need to do is be able to log on for a minute to do the hand in. Or they can play on other toons and have plenty of time to log over once they get notice he has popped. I also agree it is easier on quakes but those are happening like every 5-6 weeks and are totally random luck if you are around when it happens, you can't plan for or count on that.

tell me about it, have a doze mask to hand in just never around for LTK

the ghost idea is a cool alternative,
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 08-21-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the ghost idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tell me about it, have a doze mask to hand in just never around for LTK

the ghost idea is a cool alternative,
This ghost idea is silly, and more importantly NEVER going to happen. Would take extra time from devs to implement and is most definitely NOT classic. Players are gonna have to work this out ourselves
Old 08-21-2019, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Handing in shit to KT/Dain/Yelinak is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I really do think we should fix that.

The only fair way I can think of is......
(Maybe remove variance from those mobs)

Agree to leave those mobs up for a certain period of time (1-6 hours or something like that)

Afterwards have guilds race for the mob with a /random countdown.

I.E /random 100, only 97 and above you may run. False starts DQ you from the run.