Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 06:18 AM
Large Rat

Default What would your speed run strat look like?

So I've been doing a lot of speed run watching lately. All this has got me thinking about Everquest. A speed run of this game would be absolutely insane in time, scope, luck and would stress just about every single measure of the player's game knowledge and ability.

But for the sake of fantasy, let's say some one was crazy enough to do it. What would that even look like? Would it be simply 1-60 in the fastest way possible? Could you utilize the player market? Would it incorporate permadeath? Obviously game breaking bugs would likely not be encouraged or allowed.

If I were to go about it, I think there are two main runs I would make: 0-60 fastest possible SOLO (no player items, aid or group) or 0-60 fastest possible player-with-players (PwP) with grouping, aid and player market available.

The most sane version would be PwP and with that I would make a halfling warrior for the +14.5% xp bonus. A run might look like this:

1-8: Misty Thicket - attack spiders, skeletons and wolves for pelts, silks and bone chips for selling later. Get enough money to purchase or make Leather Armor.
8-12: EC - Orc Groups, Spiders for silks to sell, keep an eye out on a magic weapon for 10-50pp to attack wisps. Use buffs to brush past the levels.
12-20: Befallen - Fun and consistent zone with blazing fast xp even when the mobs turn light blue. Collect what you can and sell it all. By now, there's probably 80-100pp in the bank, use it to buy banded.
20-30: Upper Guk - Just a hair under Befallen for zone xp modifier and with a chance of dropping some items that I can use or sell.
30-35 Highkeep: Collect the ears, use for the turn in and sell 1/4 of them for a weapon upgrade if possible.
35-40 SolA: Money and great zone modifier.
40-50 CoM: Suffer through it and get what you can
50-60 Karnor's/Lower Guk: At this point using whatever money I can to keep the warrior afloat as a tank. Item drops in Lower Guk would be beneficial to sell or use and the ZEM is quite nice but it can sometimes be hard to find reliable grouping. Perhaps use a guild to get things moving.

Assuming no job and reasonable luck with groups, transport, aid along with real life needs like sleeping and eating, I think it can be done in a month or less. You'd be a shriveled up shell of what you used to be, but it would very well be the first recorded speed run of Everquest P1999 to exist and you'd be record holder almost no matter what you do.

What do you think? What would your speed run look like?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:23 AM
Sarnak

Mine would be playing a wizard with white dragon tooth in OT from 1-30ish, then bard PL until i could AOE chardok the last bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2018, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

Bard.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

The question seems too flawed to me...by definition EQ isn't about doing something/somethings to "win". Its open ended, by design.

I realize that most ppl share some of the same universal goals...get to 60, get your epic, kill all the bosses...but even that is a huge assumption. The best part of EQ imo is that folks all play for different reasons.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2018, 08:24 AM
Orc

The fastest path is halfling warrior with a ton of oil of fennin ro.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard.
Bard
Old 08-17-2018, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine would be playing a wizard with white dragon tooth in OT from 1-30ish, then bard PL until i could AOE chardok the last bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard about the White Dragon Tooth.

How does it work exactly?
Old 08-17-2018, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlerop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AOE is now limited to 25 mobs, so Chardok AOE is no longer a thing.

White Dragon Tooth is a solid option is you have the $$ and the time.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard about the White Dragon Tooth.

How does it work exactly?
It summons a higher level necro pet. Basically a higher level version of a Brazier of Elemental Summoning. Hope for a good network connection! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread