Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This thread in a picture <3 Enjoy. Feel free to print and frame above your computer. Will sign on request.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Why do I get the unshakable feeling like this is a mean gang just trying to con players into making character so they can gank them and make them future victims?

R P99 was less than 40 players when I tried it, same with RoZ.

I have no intention of going back. /shrug

To each his own.....

But the OP, seems to me at least, a very bad used car salesman with phony white smiley teeth.........

"Why come on down to our lot! Bring the wife and kids! Will give them free hot dogs for test driving our servers!!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the OP, seems to me at least, a very bad used car salesman with phony white smiley teeth.........
In this day and age where it's hard to trust anyone (media, politicians, etc.), let alone someone you don't know I can't blame you for thinking that way. But as with everything, you will never find something you might like and enjoy if you don't give it a try. To refer to the quote in your own signature "An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty". If it turns out to be something that wasn't for you, fair enough. EQ, it's a game and meant to be played for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy the game or the server community, it's always better to move on.

That said, I can only reiterate the intention of this post was to provide mainly "blue" players like myself an alternative option. It would be awesome to hang out with some new people and enjoy the game on a server I thoroughly enjoy.
Last edited by Gamma; 09-15-2018 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned

All the toxic players left, oh and all the good players, the hackers, the bluebies and don't forget the GMs! Come on over guys, content is up!
Old 09-19-2018, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

I had plenty of fun experiences on Red and wish more people were into PvP. I think most people have a misconception about it in the first place, like it's some kind of nuisance or hindrance. PvP greatly deepens the gameplay and brings back more of the actual thrills you got from classic era Everquest; way more interactive and interesting than Blue server. Blue server p1999 is like Solitaire. If you want to play nothing but Solitaire your whole life then go for it, but nobody actually does that because it's boring. You'd only do such a thing if you didn't have better options (which means you need to realize there are better options in the first place).

At the same time I wish the devs would make Red "less classic", because the game is nowhere close to ideally designed for PvP, especially in Velious era. Aside from balance and annoying mechanical issues with how combat plays out, there's not enough incentive for people to PvP in the first place. The server could be a ton of fun if it was actually built around PvP and stopped from becoming a "low population Blue clone". Red server had a very healthy population for a period of time, and healthy gameplay from the playerbase for a small period of time -- during Kunark era when there were sizeable guilds with roughly equal ability, which was especially nice because Kunark era is inherently better balanced than Velious era. It wouldn't be hard to make Red a bigger success than ever, but the devs need to put a little bit of work into it and realize changes are necessary for the format. The server was at its best directly after they did introduce a wave of "non-classic" improvements.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess we were due for one of these.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just to reiterate, feel free to add me on discord Alotron#1012. I can pass you an invite to the Sanctuary discord where a lot of red players hang out. Makes it much easier for returners/new comers to find groups or get to know some players!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of you guys are such jerks

@OP, as long as you’re having fun that’s all that matters, ignore the haters and trolls!
Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Being a former Darkenbane from Rallos Zek from the start to luclin era, I really wish red took off here, but it hasn't, and for that reason i'm out. I want other people to guinea pig before me ;D
Old 10-02-2018, 05:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

@Cen, what were you talking about? Server has been picking up like crazy! I'm happy to be a guinea pig any day of the week with the gains I've personally been getting over the past weeks alone!

P99 Red is an awesome environment at this stage for those who have a main focus on PVE! Below kills are just a fraction of the kills <Sanctuary> has been gaining in the past 2 weeks alone!
So to anybody who likes EQ, loves PVE and pixels. Consider Red. Get in touch with me on discord (Alotron#1012) or a Sanctuary officer ingame, we would be happy to hit you up with a discord invite and you can hang out with some of the most friendly/helpful people you will ever meet!
With the amount of targets we down on a daily basis, you'll be able to get an awesome toon rolling right here.

BeFunky-collage3.jpg

A list of some of the targets up for grabs! Off the top of my head:

- Temple of Veeshan! (kill screenshot top right) - so many awesome gains in the past 2 weeks! Amongst others:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Emerald...word_of_Purity
https://wiki.project1999.com/Transparent_Eyepatch
https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Girdle_of_Stability
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_Relkententinar
https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Maul_of_Superiority

- Vindicator & Statue of Rallos Zek (kill screenshot top left)
- Trakanon (kill screenshot bottom left) - We are heading into VP soon!
- World dragons everywhere!
- Epics everywhere!
- Planes of Fear, Hate & Sky (Dracoliche kill screenshot bottom right)
- Lodizal (get your eyepatch of plunder and turtle belt!)
- Just too much to put all on here ..

Why am I posting this here? Because we enjoy the game and would love to share the experience with others! Try it. Hit us up if anything and you'll be set for an awesome ride!
Last edited by Gamma; 10-02-2018 at 06:04 AM..
Closed Thread