Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 10:15 PM
Orc

Default Begging skill

New to p99. Played EQ back in 1999. Begging was a waste of time then. Is this any different now? Has anyone tried this recently to get some early game coin? HIE chanter. Bound in front of the city entrance. How likely to be successful and has anyone been killed?
Old 11-27-2021, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Seems to almost work well with high charisma... I'll usually do a load of begging on such characters until level 5 (at 5 xp loss on death happens so it seems an appropriate time to stop).

Begging feels slightly more effective n p1999 than live ... perhaps just because I am far more willing to risk dieing on low level characters these days.

Very helpful to beg a few gold or even pp to start with an animation and some tiny daggers (maybe even a better weapon too). Maybe not worth the effort compared to just killing a decayed skeleton for a rusty weapon or cloth armour to sell for the same effect + some xp.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:37 AM
Banned

Respawning nexto the millers or surefall guards is p cool. Cuz u don't have to zone or move far to continue begging.

I think u could easily get a few plat this way. Lvl 5 is super ez to hit.. u could beg money for muffins, or wine, then ding 5, and beg some more then ding 6 off those and u didn't even ever have to kill a mob.

Completely vegan way of winning at EQ imo.

From that point u could possibly scavenge and self sustain through like tradeskills and make more money.

This is probably the most amusing way to level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2021, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't people (back in the day) beg in combat for a small chance at some miniscule amount of hate? Is that still a thing?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't people (back in the day) beg in combat for a small chance at some miniscule amount of hate? Is that still a thing?
Yes, was a common practice back in the day. If it added any aggro after a mob was engaged idk.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:57 PM
Banned

i think cost wise if ur seeing orc belts at 3-4pp its faster to do some other much less known and less common quests and just machine gun them in with good keybinds.. (im' not saying cuz they dont need nerfin) (slightly cheeper) and still only a few hrs of work to get a lvl 15 ish toon with zerooo skills minted.
Closed Thread