Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Default What was your favourite GM event / community event on Everquest you can remember?

Was curious to ask how GM events differed per server back on live and would love to hear the stories. Some of those GM only items where amazing.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

There was a Halloween event that dropped an all all robe in rathe mts. It was yellow and everyone wanted that robe. It happened at end of velious or start of luclin
Old 03-06-2021, 08:22 AM
Skeleton

I was on the Brell Serilis server.
I remember a werewolf invasion of West Commonlands, led by a werewolf chieftain played by a GM.
I remember drunken gnome racing in Kelethin, where the GM's were handing out free booze to get everyone drunk.
I remember a scarecrow invasion around Halloween.
I remember someone giving out gifts around Christmas in GFay.
I remember some sort of Easter-egg hunt.
The best one that I ever heard of, though I didn't witness it, was when the Beta test ended. Apparently all the GM's played as gods and invaded Norrath to fight it out. I would love to have seen that... I heard Quellios whooped Innoruk's ass with her little-girl fists.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:56 AM
Aviak

REPOST
Old 03-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

On Tunare, the Dark Elves reclaimed Befallen, that was amazing. I got a headpiece or something, but I wasnt max level. I know they put some cool mob in the basement.
I also remember the Faerie Dragon invasion of Greater Faydark that was fun, but Befallen was so good
Old 03-06-2021, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un4Scene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a werewolf invasion of West Commonlands, led by a werewolf chieftain played by a GM.
It wasn't just WC, they invaded all over. Here's a screenshot I got of the werewolves "invading" in Everfrost:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But personally my favorite event was one they ran on Valentine's Day ... probably because it was the only GM event I got to fully participate in (it was hard to catch those things before they finished on live).

It started with some Dark Elf villain who was trying to steal love or something (as you can see from the models, this was Luclin or PoP-era):

Then the Avatar of Love showed up:

The two battled or something (it's been awhile, I forget exactly), and after the Avatar won she led the group to WC:

At that point Bristlebane himself showed up (for some reason):

... and in typical GM event fashion, everyone got an illusion:

I didn't get any unique items or anything like that, but it was still fun to get to see it all.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-06-2021, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then the Avatar of Love showed up:

Old 03-06-2021, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Snortles should offer a subscription service to his meme library...

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 03-06-2021, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I didn't get to experience this one but I read about it, may have just been someone on the internet lying (gasp), but the coolest one I heard of was a zombie plague where once infected you became a carrier and infected others. Something about PVP being enabled between infected and non-infected. Was probably someone BSing but I thought it sounded awesome.

(also, cool pics Loramin!)

edit: can't spell

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 03-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Fire Giant

My favorite was probably a small GM event done for a group in OOT. I wasn't there but I remember hearing about it from someone who was. It was a specific quest for this group and no one else. The quest was forgettable but it was my favorite because it seemed like you could actually be chosen for a custom event even as an individual player.

Second was the Lanys opening of PoH event. Favorite because I actually got to take part. However, it was also pretty lame because it was like 300 people following the GM Lanys around. They would ask a question and everyone would scream things and the zone was lagging and crashing. Apparently one person knew the lore and was selected to continue. I'm not sure because I got bored of the lag and inability to participate beyond watching.

Third was an event I got to participate in as a guide. I got to play a brownie in GFay and attack players who were trying to kill the larger boss GM brownie. Fav because I got to be on the NPC side and also because it was hilarious when they killed the GM brownie and it dropped something useless like food/water and everyone was pissed off and screaming in chat.

I'd love to see P99 have more custom GM events.
Last edited by azxten; 03-06-2021 at 05:24 PM..
Closed Thread