Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-18-2021, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Would be really cool for rangers to benefit with a damage bonus based on the delay of the bow. And I have a ranger!

And maybe damage bonus was added base on bow delay back then as suggested.

But to just to play devil's advocate for a second.

Are we really talking about adding something like 75 damage to something like:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Efreeti_War_Bow
40/100

And before you say yeah it is fine! It works with melee weapons with a long delay (it is the same thing)!

Please realize WITHOUT true shot rangers (if the mob is occupied) do double damage every shot. Figure in also crits and may see where I am going with this.

And then.... God forbid they then use trueshoot discipline.

Then that would truly be a problem on blue servers; not just red servers.
It would be my Luclin dreams in Velious era.

And what about bows like:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bow_of_the_Underfoot
33/60
Bow from a rock golem in the hole; it would have an added damage of 49 with double damage and crit it would more than likely do more damage than:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bow_of_the_Destroyer
10/17
a bow from Temple of Veeshan

You can't see it now but I putting on a sad panda face thinking about the fact nothing will be given to archery to avoid yet another problem.

I just can't see them adding a damage bonus on the delay of a bow.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what you think is right, Baugi.
Thanks, but no thanks. If it's classic, it's classic. It doesn't have to make sense.

I'm sorry that your character is inconvenienced by this bug and/or feature, but that's no reason to misrepresent evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully not. It's clear from the Luclin era parse that if damage bonus is supposed to be based on bow delay, it definitely doesn't use the 2handed chart.
Last edited by Baugi; 10-18-2021 at 03:12 PM..
Old 10-18-2021, 08:43 PM
Banned

Yet you completely ignore the part where they specify bow damage is based on the bow itself - not just trueshot disc.

Selectively reading? Prejudice? Either way I cannot believe you are this obtuse. This is my last reply. Good day.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, but no thanks. If it's classic, it's classic. It doesn't have to make sense.

I'm sorry that your character is inconvenienced by this bug and/or feature, but that's no reason to misrepresent evidence.

Hopefully not. It's clear from the Luclin era parse that if damage bonus is supposed to be based on bow delay, it definitely doesn't use the 2handed chart.
its no classic tho

sks only have 75 skill for a reason, they are NOT supposed to be good bowers

like how much evidence to u need? there is not 1 shred of proof people equipping a weighted axe for a bow kiting "boost"

I feel like the onus is on you to prove a game breaking bug is supposed to be the way it is
Old 10-19-2021, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its no classic tho

sks only have 75 skill for a reason, they are NOT supposed to be good bowers

like how much evidence to u need? there is not 1 shred of proof people equipping a weighted axe for a bow kiting "boost"

I feel like the onus is on you to prove a game breaking bug is supposed to be the way it is
And yet, they have near 100% accuracy with a good dex vs. agility matchup. It's telling that you don't seem to care at all about the underlying PVP formula being broken and heavily slanted towards gear/stat buffs/avatar.

I'm still waiting on any evidence really since your patch note is both inconclusive and contradicts the Luclin bow parse. I'm not the person you have to convince though. I don't know why it was implemented the way it was, just that it's been that way on P99 since ~2011.

There's a very small window where this bug/feature would've been relevant on Live (post 2handed DB buff late Velious and pre Luclin) so it makes sense that no one got around to playing with weighted axes and bows, as evidenced by the fact that we have NO in-era bow parses. You're demanding that the developers completely rewrite the archery formulas while giving them nothing to work with.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a very small window where this bug/feature would've been relevant on Live (post 2handed DB buff late Velious and pre Luclin) so it makes sense that no one got around to playing with weighted axes and bows, as evidenced by the fact that we have NO in-era bow parses. You're demanding that the developers completely rewrite the archery formulas while giving them nothing to work with.
He is probably right. If they can't use the current damage bonus, then creating a damage bonus table for those bows that have a long delay due to the inherit fact rangers can sometimes double damage and crit could be a bit of work.

Sigh maybe there just wouldn't be a damage bonus for bows at all then.

But I still stand by the fact that the damage bonus from bows right now using the Weighted Ax in PvE is not doing more damage than meleeing with weapons that often have double attack and allow riposte or (crit and berserk; if an Ogre or Troll warrior)
Old 10-20-2021, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And yet, they have near 100% accuracy with a good dex vs. agility matchup. It's telling that you don't seem to care at all about the underlying PVP formula being broken and heavily slanted towards gear/stat buffs/avatar.
are we playing the same game? no they dont, not even close

Quote:
I'm still waiting on any evidence really since your patch note is both inconclusive and contradicts the Luclin bow parse. I'm not the person you have to convince though. I don't know why it was implemented the way it was, just that it's been that way on P99 since ~2011.
no it hasn't , it broke very recently with the 2hd damage bonus patch. PROVE to me it should be broken like the way it is

Quote:
reaching /cringe
Old 10-20-2021, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is probably right. If they can't use the current damage bonus, then creating a damage bonus table for those bows that have a long delay due to the inherit fact rangers can sometimes double damage and crit could be a bit of work.

Sigh maybe there just wouldn't be a damage bonus for bows at all then.

But I still stand by the fact that the damage bonus from bows right now using the Weighted Ax in PvE is not doing more damage than meleeing with weapons that often have double attack and allow riposte or (crit and berserk; if an Ogre or Troll warrior)
thats simply not true if u can bow outside of fear range when u would normally get feared / killed by aoes
Old 10-20-2021, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Would be really cool for rangers to benefit with a damage bonus based on the delay of the bow. And I have a ranger!

And maybe damage bonus was added base on bow delay back then as suggested.

But to just to play devil's advocate for a second.

40/100

And before you say yeah it is fine! It works with melee weapons with a long delay (it is the same thing)!

Please realize WITHOUT true shot rangers (if the mob is occupied) do double damage every shot. Figure in also crits and may see where I am going with this.

And then.... God forbid they then use trueshoot discipline.

Then that would truly be a problem on blue servers; not just red servers.
It would be my Luclin dreams in Velious era.

And what about bows like:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bow_of_the_Underfoot
33/60
Bow from a rock golem in the hole; it would have an added damage of 49 with double damage and crit it would more than likely do more damage than:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Bow_of_the_Destroyer
10/17
a bow from Temple of Veeshan

You can't see it now but I putting on a sad panda face thinking about the fact nothing will be given to archery to avoid yet another problem.

I just can't see them adding a damage bonus on the delay of a bow.
adding to the damage bonus to the bows is fine

the efreeti war bow has 100 Delay, 75 damage bonus is justified

the problem here is they are getting a 150 damage bonus on something that is 17 delay

like how is this even a debate
Old 10-21-2021, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

can confirm tune is just mad that he lost the server and thinks bowquest is the reason.

Bows working as intended.

Moved to resolved.