Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Default History of the Sleeper's Tomb

Years and years ago I had to leave for a long time since I joined the military, but I wondered what it would be like to finally raid the Sleeper's Tomb, since I missed out on it on live and picked raiding back up in Luclin. When I got back, the Sleeper had already been awoken.

My question is there had to be a decision to do that. Many people were involved, yes, but at the end of the day there had to be ONE asshole who gave a thumbs up to make it happen, making it so that any other player in our community has no chance at ST loot. So, who was that? Who stopped P99 Blue players from having end game goodies?
Old 11-23-2021, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

It was Ramen. He decided everything and we all went along with his decision.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:48 AM
Aviak

They should make it so you can wake the sleeper whenever. Thatd be way funner. "But thats not classic" Sure, that's fine, i dont want to play classic, i want to play p99. "But the project managers dont feel like doing it" Ok thats a better reason. I can empathize with that. The project managers could spend the rest of their days eating breakfast in bed in Tahiti for all i care, they gave me thousands of hours of free fun so far. But then they should hire lackeys that add non-classic Sleeper spawn events in.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Only like 4 items are even worth mentioning from ST and only one of them is irreplaceable. Rip shroud
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 11-23-2021, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine thinking it's a good idea to let players permanently delete content on a time locked server
Old 11-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Banned

hoku being a crybaby after losing a gharn and saying fuck you to the server

piss off a neckbeard hard enough and no warder loot

wonder who will shake up seal team hard enough for them to wake up the sleeper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only like 4 items are even worth mentioning from ST and only one of them is irreplaceable. Rip shroud
pretty true

shroud, sod, tink mask

whats the 4th for you?
Old 11-23-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

The Sleeper being gone forever is a huge mistake on a locked server.

I say they just add the warders back like they did on TAKP.

Or respawn the Sleeper yearly.

Any solution is a good one.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty true

shroud, sod, tink mask

whats the 4th for you?
Gnome mask is the only item worth the DKP. Gnome bard sick nasty.

Shroud = A fungi with 100 hp + more, which is sweet - except it's ugly as hell. It would literally be the last upgrade i'd get for my monk - and i'd hate looking like that.

SODs = Overrated as HELL. They won't make a ranger a good class. Yes, i'm saying a warrior/monk/knight twink w/ EC gear is better than a 2xSOD ranger. Which, btw, is the only thing it's useful for - twinking.

Dagger - Is pretty nice, but if you're a raiding rogue you can get way better. So, MOSTLY useful for twinking, but a +1 for actually being decent. Vyemm fang better though.

Primals Galore = probably this is even sweeter than gnome mask existing. If you get a Sleepers Key, and the warders are still alive, you're getting a primal, and you're getting it for pretty much free. Primal Proc'd Melee toon is the #1 "Slot" upgrade for increasing your DPS. A primal proc'd rogue with a ragebringer, ec gear, and a dragoon dirk in the offhand will outdps a non primal rogue w/ whatever. - Instead, now, you get to save dkp for half a year, and hope that your online for the one time your weapon drops over the next 3+ months.

After that, all the gear that drops is either complete trash, utter trash, or something largely better is available in a different zone. For real, I think the Staff of the morning Dew (Holla holla holla @ramen) is the only item i'd want, and i'd want it on a level 1 enchanter or Necro to see if I could battle caster 1-30 lmao
Old 11-23-2021, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine thinking it's a good idea to let players permanently delete content on a time locked server
This is how every EQ time progression server works (even on live today), items stop dropping over the timeline. Warder loot is no different than manastone ceasing to drop, other than it being player controlled (which is an interesting twist).