Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need one client and you double click on eqgame.exe twice.

It will look like this (on, for example, a 2440x1080 monitor):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nice, cool

That’s how I 2box’ed on live

Is it true that while epics are much more easily achievable there without bottlenecks, that many are phased out by the end of the takp lifespan aka POP?
Old 08-25-2021, 08:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nice, cool

That’s how I 2box’ed on live

Is it true that while epics are much more easily achievable there without bottlenecks, that many are phased out by the end of the takp lifespan aka POP?
Clickies are mostly the ones kept in PoP for different reasons. Enchanter, Druid, Shaman, Cleric, Wizard (free rune clicky), Bard, Monk. For what I hope are obvious reasons.

The weapons like Warrior epic (Blade of Strategy in particular) are kept for aggro, Ragebringer's still pretty great too. Ranger epic is a slow for that class that otherwise wouldn't have one outside of Vaniki's weapon, but most box a class capable of slow anyways (and wouldn't want to rely on a proc)

Forgettable epics are ones like the Beastlord epic in PoP (it's still pretty damn good in Luclin till VT), Paladin, SK, Magician (in PoP), other half of Ranger/WAR epic, and Necro (despite being a clicky its still shit)

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-25-2021, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Is this the same secrets who made the takp client?

If so i dreadfully need help with hotkeynet
Old 08-25-2021, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician (in PoP)
Any plans to ban MQ scammers? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2021, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Actually, there's plenty of folks who don't box. It's increasingly great seeing folks in the P99 refugee guild (Blood Guard) who are single boxing and having a blast.

TAKP has a player counter that shows actual populations on their forums.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

While the totals are a shell of what P99's numbers are currently, you have to remember that you don't have to box. Nor do you have to actively play 3 characters.

I had to get over the idea that 'boxers are around me' and that it would actually, instead, benefit me to have them there.

Yes, there's a few that box 3. No, they won't exclude you. In fact, for XP grinding, it's often better to have your 3 box and 2 other soloer who are actively contributing.

2002-era EQ actually has a revamped XP formula, and specifically there was a bug on EQMac that resulted in an experience bonus for every player after 3. There is a significant bonus to simply just having another person in your group after 3.

The chart is as follows:
1 member - 100% / 1 = 100%
2 members - 120% / 2 = 60%
3 members - 140% / 3 = 46.7%
4 members - 220% / 4 = 55%
5 members - 260% / 5 = 52%
6 members - 260% / 6 = 43.3%

Of course, this does not include kill speed, which is sped up drastically with more players. 4 is the sweet spot, and 5 minimally detracts from experience.

The wiki is a great source of this information, and players who play on TAKP are highly aware - to the point where people actually actively seek out a 'fourth' solo / 2boxer player to compliment their trio, as it benefits them massively, even if they just leech experience.

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Experience_Points
That's encouraging. I really do like the old client and the good nostalgic feels that comes with it. I've got a week off coming up, maybe I'll come by one of those days and poke around again.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:05 PM
Banned

theres quite a few 1 boxers but I'm not really sure what classes are able to just straight up solo like that?

There's quite a few things that involve grouping or other people's help

maybe shamans and necros but they can't all be those guys, right?

I'm still pretty new to the server, playing on and off
Old 11-24-2021, 07:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Planes of Power is tenatively out on January 5th, 2022

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-24-2021, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
🥳🎈🎉
Closed Thread