Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:05 PM
Banned

30k more to go.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill make my 10,000th post about talking about custom eq servers because if I spent 10,000 posts worth of my time making one we'd at least have a Vampire Hunter class, and a Half Barbarian race [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I cant believe I just made 10,000 posts it's been fun playing everquest with you burbur.

It's been fun talking about playing everquest with all of you!
good choice

i was laying awake at night sweating with a leg outside of my blanket and thinking to myself (unrelated)

why not do a server where you can just access every spell. and everyone can wear every gear too

but maybe skills take 10x longer to level and once you mem a spell you're stuck with it for like 4 hours.. or something

oh plus racial pvp, but race stats are redistributed so everyone gets an amount of starting stats that sums up to that of an ogre
Old 11-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Someone did that actually, I think Secrets? The server is down now, or idk.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah I would love to try to make a paladin who specializes in fire direct damage spells and be some kind of high elf sun god warrior.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good choice

i was laying awake at night sweating with a leg outside of my blanket and thinking to myself (unrelated)

why not do a server where you can just access every spell. and everyone can wear every gear too

but maybe skills take 10x longer to level and once you mem a spell you're stuck with it for like 4 hours.. or something

oh plus racial pvp, but race stats are redistributed so everyone gets an amount of starting stats that sums up to that of an ogre
I've thought about that before too, and it's a cool idea. Kind of like EQ version of ultima online. I think for EQ it might not pan out though because everyone is just going to eventually gravitate to the same builds: Tank build, cleric build, CC build. There's really no need for anything else. The various class\race restrictions in EQ are what force players to work together.

Plus don't different classes interact with stats differently? Like each point of AGI grants more AC to a rogue than to a wizard? Or is that not a thing?
Last edited by Ooloo; 11-25-2021 at 08:35 AM..
Old 11-26-2021, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

*clicks link*

"A free to play game for PC and consoles"

*clicks video off*

That's gonna be a no from me, daw
Modern multiplatform games use 1 of 2 game engines by default,
they are refined and have little jank,
will also be simplified for console controllers
and their demographics, see: Thief 2014

source: RPGCodex

Old 11-26-2021, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*clicks link*

"A free to play game for PC and consoles"

*clicks video off*
I agree, that alone is enough to know it has near zero chance of appealing. One less thing to pay attention to, I suppose.

It's almost funny, Blake. During the '90's most folks I knew were frustrated by the limited tech of the PCs of the time and we looked forward to what a decade or two of advancement could permit. So many games were unable to do all the things they wanted to due to technical limitations, EQ included. Turned out we were in the golden age at the time and didn't know it because development decided to take a left turn somewhere around 2005ish. Now they can do what they used to want to do, but don't want to do it anymore. If only we could give today's tech to PC game and level designers from circa 1995.

Danth
Old 11-26-2021, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

after a few years here, the magic is gone already
and a new age mmo from amazon might be too woke to play. i made a dark elf cleric for asscheeks in leather, i made a half elf druid for a teeny weeny yellow bikini and you think i went female barb shaman for the stats? no, it was birds eye view while cannibalizing wondering what part is getting eaten

Amazon, stick to delivering food for lazy people, and PC products for us ancient beings who still use credit cards and shipping in replacement parts for 6th generation consoles and older.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i made a dark elf cleric for asscheeks in leather, i made a half elf druid for a teeny weeny yellow bikini
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread