Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Default I'm not addicted, definitely not - are you?

So tonight one of my old work pals from Royal Mail (I used to be a postman) is retiring and having a few drinks and a night out to celebrate his retirement - been working at that place since the mid 80s.

One of the nicest people in the building, if I missed it I'd hate myself later and it'll be good to see some of the other guys and have a few beers.... but Velious launches on red tonight at some point and I want to be there so I've somehow got to get away and get home to watch the shit storm in North Ro etc.

Funny how these events collide, what's everyone else doing while Velious launches tonight/tomorrow? Why might you miss it? Will you definitely miss it? Are you mad about it?

Post below.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Not going to make it. Cooking on all burners atm. Velious will be out for a while, so they'll be plenty of time to enjoy. Actually never been there...quit live before it came out.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I have to work tomorrow (24 hour shift) so i'll miss the blue release. Makes me almost want to call in sick for work
Old 08-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I have time to play on Sat, not Sun. Then I'm gonna be busy IRL. So I'm missing Velious launch, just like every single Everquest event ever.
It'll suck without a guild anyways so w/e.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Aviak

I will be working a 10-hour shift tomorrow, as I do every Sunday. When I get home, I fully expect to take advantage of everybody ELSE jumping on the Velious bandwagon by hunting Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains until my fingers bleed.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cooking on all burners atm.
Will be missing out on the pixel BBQ because I'll be at a real BBQ!

I PMd Rogean asking him to push it back (among other things), but he never responds to me. It's as if he specifically ignores me and my requests.

Oh well! Whatever! Not even mad. See you in Thurgadin (next week!)
Old 08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have time to play on Sat, not Sun. Then I'm gonna be busy IRL. So I'm missing Velious launch, just like every single Everquest event ever.
Come back home; could use a good rogue =)

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Banned

Lol my fuckn dad scheduled a borderline suprise visit this weekend. The dudes never done anything like that before. I have to spend Sunday playing IRL sports instead of sports and it's like RU KIDDING ME UNIVERSE?!

Love all of you guys, my can't play on Sunday pals <3
Old 08-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

I avoid crowds irl and in game. So probably won't log in for a day or two. Not even excited about velious. Should I be?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by Cecily; Today at 3:54 PM.. edited 63 times in total
63 edits?!?! There aren't even 63 words in that post! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EQ events are pretty meh anyway: lag the shit out of some zone or other and then give summoned cake to a bunch of unimaginative "will cyber for tips" types posing as RPers or maybe give a guise to some uberguilder's alt. yay