Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:03 AM
Aviak

Default How, exactly, does one do quest turn-ins to KOS NPCs?

I know there are methods which will let me turn in quest items to NPCs that would really otherwise like to kill me, but I've never had to do so on any character I've played. So I don't know the actual nuts-and-bolts of the process.

How can (for example) my Troll Warrior turn in DF belts to whats-his-face in West Freeport? How can my Barb Shaman turn in DF belts to the Troll Shaman guildmaster?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Planar Protector

Charming NPCs works sometimes, but not all the time iirc. I know I've charmed monk epic NPCs, the OT hammer guy etc and handed things in.

Sometimes (certainly in the OT hammer case) you need more than "indifferent"... which means you have to be the one doing the charming.

Troll shaman GM sounds like a hard one, likely need a 60 enchanter's help - and whether the hand-in will work, who knows? Be sure to tell us if you manage it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

Charming an npc, sneaking behind an npc with the sneak skill, and in outdoor zones having a druid turn you into a wolf. These are how people usually do kos quests.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

A Troll Warrior can't do it without help. One sure fire method, as long as being indifferent works, is to have someone lull/harmony the mob you're turning into then you open the trade box with that mob and while the trade box is open, but before you hit trade, that person casts invis on you. Once invis then hit trade. For things like faction quests though, it'll be very tedious. Wolf form is your best bet for those if it's good enough for the hand in.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

What these guys have said is good info.

Also if you are doing a one time quest turn in (like for a piece of gear, not faction which you will do over and over) you can do it alone as a shaman once you have invis. You can invis yourself and quickly turn in all the items and you will complete the quest. You will likely eat a death, but you can get the item. I have done it many times with stein of moggok on a high elf mage.
Closed Thread