Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have too many guns floating around. 10 times more than the next highest country. That’s why gun laws don’t work. But only honest non-criminal citizens would submit their guns to gov’t buyback programs and then who’s going to pay for all those guns being bought back and taken out of circulation? Taxpayers

So there’s really no good solution, which is why it hasn’t been solved (in my opinion)
there are more guns in the USA than there are citizens, 330 million people, 400+ million firearms.

Pandora's box is already open, you can't unring a bell etc etc.

You couldn't collect them all even if you applied the entire force of the U.S. military

The only solution is agressive public firearm education, situation de-escalation education, stricter limitations of open carry.

As well as actual real funding for the mental health industry, thats the big #1.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have too many guns floating around. 10 times more than the next highest country. That’s why gun laws don’t work. But only honest non-criminal citizens would submit their guns to gov’t buyback programs and then who’s going to pay for all those guns being bought back and taken out of circulation? Taxpayers

So there’s really no good solution, which is why it hasn’t been solved (in my opinion)
I think you could do it but the democrats and governemnt in general is just too inept to do it.

Biden's got the whole Federal Government trying to figure out what could possibly be causing gas prices to go up the past few weeks and today he announced truckers have to be vaccinated to cross state lines.

If he can't figure out this one out he's never gonna figure out gun control which is why I find it pointless to argue about and I think it just kinda fuels the argument that you need a gun for safety due to the if you can't beat em, join em mentality at this point.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are more guns in the USA than there are citizens, 330 million people, 400+ million firearms.

Pandora's box is already open, you can't unring a bell etc etc.

You couldn't collect them all even if you applied the entire force of the U.S. military

The only solution is agressive public firearm education, situation de-escalation education, stricter limitations of open carry.

As well as actual real funding for the mental health industry, thats the big #1.
Yea, seems the best you can do. If we could simultaneously delete every gun out of existence in the USA and pass strict gun laws they would be night and day different in efficacy

It’s a small problem, but the problem with even a well-trained armed citizenship is that they will still be in plainclothes. Part of the advantage of police or private security is they are almost always immediately identifiable in their position and role

Scenario: Someone starts shooting up a mall. Armed Good Samaritan: “There’s a shooting, and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots original shooter. Another armed Good Samaritan “there’s an active shooting and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots the first Good Samaritan

Luckily there has been more scenarios of a Good Samaritan stopping a shooting than there have been of multiple innocent people dying in the confusion. But it can happen, and is more likely to happen the more people that are armed
Old 11-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nah all college campuses in this country are considered gun free zones
laws aren't real, the american revolution was illegal too
Old 11-23-2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Trials over. Move it here.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

It was not my intention to revive the closed thread.

Gun Control thread would make sense I guess for off topic flamewar.

As others have stated, disarming the populace is not a practical solution and I don't think it is an ethical solution. In a theoretical all guns are illegal place, criminals keep their guns.

The people that most need guns as an equalizer, women are then left with little defense against any 300lb man with ill intentions. A gun or the possibility of a gun corrects that problem.

I'm not a huge fan (only because I don't listen, I don't have a strong opinion on him) but the Joe Rogan quote “This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem, and a tyranny problem disguised as a security problem.” is very apt.

Rittenhouse thing was a pickle of a case, but he was given self defense because there is footage of him running away from the first person he shot dead, and then extremely clear footage of the second person he shot dead and the person he shot who lived.

Everyone in the area was guilty of any kind of "instigation" because the place as a danger zone and anyone being strictly rational would not be there.

There is sad footage of him trying to go back to his sort of "home base" by the gas station or whatever where he got water bottles from cops, but after he had left they tell him "don't come over here" like they had for some reason decided no one is allowed to approach anymore, something I'm sure he wasn't aware of when he walked off and was subsequently called out as "one of those guys telling people to get off cars"

Everyone trying to extrapolate what the verdict in his case means for all other future cases are just being silly. Every case will be on a case by case basis with all variables considered.

The other case people are saying "well now she has to get off!" is simply being pushed to the front of the news to make people mad at eachother. Everyone with a brain knows the cases are totally different. The lady killed an underage sex trafficker but not in defense of her immediate peril so her case is not the same. I would hope that she gets off scott free despite the differences in the case.

And then the people saying "well now WE'RE going to have guns!!" I think that is an appropriate response. You should have guns. The consequences of being an idiot with a gun are very dire but I think if you are too stupid to be trusted with a gun you shouldn't be able to have a drivers license and probably should be being treated for whatever ails you. The 2nd ammendment says that people are allowed to have guns. I think that anyone who is legal to walk on the streets and walk past me better be legally allowed to have guns because if they can't be trusted with that then they shouldn't be on the streets. I don't see how a person can go to prison, serve their sentence and then return to society as a lifetime second class citizen with no 2nd amendment. Obviously ridiculous + it doesn't protect anyone from the violence of that person, since its very easy to acquire guns illegally. So what is the point of making a second class citizen?

But remember that Rittenhouses entire life was almost destroyed as a result of his choice to carry a gun in that particular fashion in that particular place. His situation could have resulted in him getting beaten to death with a skateboard or foot, or he could have been found guilty of murder. All situations are less likely to have happened if he was more wisely using his 2nd ammendment rights. I don't know how the 17 year old weapon wielding is legal in that state or whatever they decided in this case. I'm just pretending he was 18 and other laws were abided by which would be the situation with future protestors.

It's a tough thing but either you want to live in an authoritarian state and think somehow that won't be absolute shit (look what our government has done in the past to anyone they could step on??) or you want to build a society where people are human beings to eachother.

I promise that the people that serve to gain by your disarmament are not you and your neighbors, it is indeed your overlords and perhaps even their criminal friends.

So please consider fully the consequences of 2nd amendment right restrictions taken to their logical conclusions.

You might remember that 2nd amendment rights were first shit on by NRA republicans when Black Panthers started carrying weapons in shit eating places like the California state capital. Lots of laws were passed and supported by a bunch of dumb dumbs that made all sorts of new crimes for carrying firearms and these went through mostly because people pretty much were happy to see them applied to their enemies (black panthers) the classic idiot choice of hurting yourself and your posterity to further your desire to damage whoever you decide are your enemies.

So try to be wise when playing real life PVP. I wouldn't hang out at the DL druid rings on rallos zek with a fungi equipped at 20hp with no friends and I wouldn't go to a protest where cops are rolling around in armored cars and things are being destroyed and lit on fire while open carrying a rifle. Thats dumb and ruins + ends lives.

But sometimes things like that are worth the risk for people with passion. The protestors thought it was important to protest, and the anti protestors thought it was important that they stop property damage from happening.

The lines there are not clear either because the private property owners end up fucked for the value of stuff, but then if they defend it they end up fucked for defending it. The cops are there because it is their paying job and all of them want to come home alive and not be featured on the news in a physical altercation.

Both sides on that fateful day should have been banding together to protest lots of other corruption in our society but instead they were pitted against each other to no gain at all.

RIP dead guys
RIP person who died that the protest was actually about
RIP Kyle Rittenhouses current name and non bearded face. He's going to the gym today and getting shredded and thin and going blond and no one will know it's him. He won't be seen in public for 5 years.

Long live freedom I hope. Freedom to make choices, and to live with them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-23-2021 at 07:32 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

If it's illegal to possess a gun, only lawbreakers will possess a gun.

🙃
Old 11-23-2021, 07:30 PM
Banned

I'm ok with absolutely zero gun laws if I get to defend myself from stupid people without the scrutiny of this oppressive and dystopian police state putting me under a microscope and social media trials.

Otherwise just go for it already, let's go completely zero guns and the police can profile people for precrimes.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yea, seems the best you can do. If we could simultaneously delete every gun out of existence in the USA and pass strict gun laws they would be night and day different in efficacy

It’s a small problem, but the problem with even a well-trained armed citizenship is that they will still be in plainclothes. Part of the advantage of police or private security is they are almost always immediately identifiable in their position and role

Scenario: Someone starts shooting up a mall. Armed Good Samaritan: “There’s a shooting, and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots original shooter. Another armed Good Samaritan “there’s an active shooting and I see the shooter, I’m going to take him out!” Shoots the first Good Samaritan

Luckily there has been more scenarios of a Good Samaritan stopping a shooting than there have been of multiple innocent people dying in the confusion. But it can happen, and is more likely to happen the more people that are armed
Yeah unless you got a tier 1 operator shooting up a mall, then chances are you can neutralize the threat by means of martial. if I can get into arms reach of the shooter, its over for them, I guarantee that. Any amateur psycho is gonna lack the situation awareness to realize that I am maneuvering into their field space. But then again, I was trained to do so.

I'd still recommend the Run-Hide-Fight advice that is preached to civvies should they encounter a shooter. Even if they are a well trained licensed carrier, without that simulated chaos of live fire structure clearing, you don't get to experience that sensory overload that you will encounter in a real world setting.

Guns are a tough issue for sure, theres no good way out, or good way in.

I'm a gun owner and enthusiast, and even I find gun laws to be wacky.

"So, I can purchase a handgun, then buy a RONI stabilizer kit, and it operates like a semi-auto SMG, and its legal to fire from the wrist, but if I put the stabilizer up against my shoulder and fire it like its a stock, then thats illegal?"

weirdos.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:34 PM
Banned

I’m all for no guns, because then we get back to the cave man days of might makes right. And I currently have an advantage in that area. Take away guns and force everyone to engage in physical combat and I instantly become less likely to be chosen as a victim

As I get older and more frail tho then I’m gonna regret no guns….
Closed Thread