Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Torp Shaman solo challenges?

Just nabbed Torpor the other day and downed my first 2 cliff golems solo, had some snafu with one of the dragoons but got it done.

So now I'm curious what are interesting mobs or camps that are open to me to solo? I have some raid gear but nothing insane yet (see magelo). Was curious if anyone has anything like a scale of increasingly difficult things to try?

Thanks!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Efreeti is a good challenge, also Tranix is fun as a bonus, shamans should spend time in that mountain its like a spiritual journey quest for them to become the shaman king who sits on the mountain.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:51 AM
Aviak

Grats on Torpor Lobnor! Glad to see you doin big things =)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge

This is a pretty good list to give you an idea - A few Chardok 2.0 Nameds are worth a look when they drop as well. If you try stuff in Seb Crypt be really cautious about preventing the Nameds from running. Vilefang is soloable, as well as a few other DN goodies. A few Hole nameds would be impressive that are not on that list.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathnir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on Torpor Lobnor! Glad to see you doin big things =)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge

This is a pretty good list to give you an idea - A few Chardok 2.0 Nameds are worth a look when they drop as well. If you try stuff in Seb Crypt be really cautious about preventing the Nameds from running. Vilefang is soloable, as well as a few other DN goodies. A few Hole nameds would be impressive that are not on that list.
Ahh, had forgotten about this list!

The odd thing is some of the lesser mobs (Howling Stones specifically) would be harder to get to safely than the cliff golem I just killed. Still, this is a good list and I think a great place to start, thanks!
Old 11-27-2021, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Efreeti is a good challenge, also Tranix is fun as a bonus, shamans should spend time in that mountain its like a spiritual journey quest for them to become the shaman king who sits on the mountain.
I've seen DSM's video of Tranix solo, that shit looks insane. Mostly because of the constant CC'ing. I had a dragoon add on my first cliff golem kill and the only way I could reasonably deal with it was zoning, then killing the dragoon solo first. Keeping 3+ giants rooted and parked while managing pet health and my health and mana seems like a lot, but its obviously possible.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

A4 in Plane of Mischief is a nice challenge. First you have a couple of long but not too hard fights with the animals, then you have to figure out how to split the twins as a shaman, and then finally taking down 22 (without dying a million times) is also fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also glad to see the solo artist challenge mentioned again!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Drusella
Old 11-27-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen DSM's video of Tranix solo, that shit looks insane. Mostly because of the constant CC'ing. I had a dragoon add on my first cliff golem kill and the only way I could reasonably deal with it was zoning, then killing the dragoon solo first. Keeping 3+ giants rooted and parked while managing pet health and my health and mana seems like a lot, but its obviously possible.
Glad you liked the Tranix video[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Luckily the giant guards aren't always up (or if you have the timer you can kill them early). That video shows the worst scenario, where I didn't have the timer and everything was up lol.

Lots of good spots mentioned already. If you can get the timer Ayillish is a good one, but you should get good at killing the 4+ dragons and get used to pulling in WW before attempting it. I imagine Ayillish is much more camped on green, so I am not sure how feasible it is to attempt it atm.

I like chardok re-work as well, that is a good exercise in tight space fighting, but I don't think that is out yet on green.
Old 12-17-2021, 02:43 AM
Sarnak

Tried Ayillish duo with a druid today, almost got her but adds came and things spiraled from there. DSM you have any advice on pulling her to a safe spot?
Old 12-17-2021, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Pulling to the shorelines (there are many places you can use) is usually a pretty good option in Western Wastes. If you have a druid with you then it should be running around casting harmony on anything that looks like it might path within aggro radius. Fighting in the Temple Veeshan valley is usually a bad idea due to roamers stopping by to say, "Hello!" Ayillish can be a tough pull since it's far from anywhere good to fight. On a sufficiently bad pull I've seen as many as 7 to 8 additional named dragons add in. Sometimes you have little option but to root or snare him and adds then camp aggro.

Danth
Closed Thread