Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Barb warriors can see thru walls with shrink bracer/shrink pots. barbs get slam. Halfling get hide/sneak (hide useless when you have charged insta invis and unlimited item cast invis, sneak always useful) and their kick becomes a stun (like slam) at 55

Also congrats you have more gear than 90% of warriors in classic era!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Fashionquest is always the most important aspect when picking your race ...

... unless necro
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-25-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fashionquest is always the most important aspect when picking your race ...

... unless necro
See, this is what I have been worried about. Maybe I'll just save up for a rogue epic and roll one to enjoy sneaking around and roll my tank as a Barb so that I can look cool. I mean, I guess if I was really dead set on fashion questing I would roll a DE or WE warrior but it's just so hard to justify giving up so many stats and abilities.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...being tiny and weird looking is giving me pause.
You don't deserve to be a Hobbit.

But seriously, as a halfling warrior, I will say hide and sneak are super great for dungeons. However sometimes I wish I didn't have to swap in a shield to bash.

If you don't like how halflings look though, go barb. Or if you really want hide, WE/DE.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

"If you can't handle me at my tiniest you sure as hell can't handle me at my creepiest". -Marshall Lanena
Old 06-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess if I was really dead set on fashion questing I would roll a DE or WE warrior but it's just so hard to justify giving up so many stats and abilities.
The gear on this server is sooo cheap. Now is _the_ time for fashion quest. A deficit of like 10-20 points in starting stats really doesn't matter. And as a warrior, all you do is wave sticks at things, so you better like the way you look.

If you want to pain yourself worrying about starting stats, green is just around the corner.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Wood Elf Warrior for fashionquest.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

I like wood elf for fashion quest, but if you plan to solo a lot I would suggest troll or iksar. The extra regen on them is a huge boon, especially if you know how to do combat bind wound. You can basically stay berserk npnp if you have troll / war regen and duo with a shaman, no fungi required, but does make it even more of a cakewalk.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
but being tiny and weird looking is giving me pause.
Bro
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:05 PM
Aviak

That reminds me, as far as tiny and weird looking goes, I keep hearing how awesome twinking out a starting gnome warrior with the tinkered gnome armor spell haste and some upper tier trade worn haste works out.

Not arguing cause on it certainly sounds fun and looks unique, but how hard is that to find? Only gnomes I know have never bothered raising it past 1st tier products and I hardly ever hang out in EC and can’t recall seeing anyone selling that?
Closed Thread