Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Aviak

Default Need necro help

I found the beginning of my necromancer career to be rather difficult. My desire was to create an Erudite necro, take a boat to Qeynos, and do my leveling there. I like to level around Qeynos because I am most familiar with that area, plus there are some really good quest (gnoll fang, rabid wolf/grizzly). The problem is every time I get off the boat, no matter how careful, I get killed. Can I now assume that those mentioned quest would not be doable by a necro? Can I assume the NPC's that you turn in the quest to would either kill me or refuse to let me participate in the quest? If so what would you guys suggest? Any areas with similar quest with similar exp?
Old 12-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

The necro guild in Qeynos is in the Catacombs - you can get there from the docks, there is a grate/tunnel in the water right under the docks.

I'm not sure if Erudite necro's can do those quests without faction work. What is killing you after you get off the boat?

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-19-2019, 01:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found the beginning of my necromancer career to be rather difficult. My desire was to create an Erudite necro, take a boat to Qeynos, and do my leveling there. I like to level around Qeynos because I am most familiar with that area, plus there are some really good quest (gnoll fang, rabid wolf/grizzly). The problem is every time I get off the boat, no matter how careful, I get killed. Can I now assume that those mentioned quest would not be doable by a necro? Can I assume the NPC's that you turn in the quest to would either kill me or refuse to let me participate in the quest? If so what would you guys suggest? Any areas with similar quest with similar exp?
I don't blame you for not wanting to level up in the Erudite starter area. In my opinion it's a terrible starter area. But there are others that like it.

I wonder what is killing you off the boat? I don't recall having issues with my Erudite Necro on the boat. You do have to use the catacombs though. If you are having this much problems just using the boat, I doubt you can do those quests. They will either not speak to you or you will get killed by guards and such. It's the life of a Necro.

Like Man0Warr mentioned. It will probably take some faction work. I'm sure it's not impossible to do.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't blame you for not wanting to level up in the Erudite starter area. In my opinion it's a terrible starter area. But there are others that like it.

I wonder what is killing you off the boat? I don't recall having issues with my Erudite Necro on the boat. You do have to use the catacombs though. If you are having this much problems just using the boat, I doubt you can do those quests. They will either not speak to you or you will get killed by guards and such. It's the life of a Necro.

Like Man0Warr mentioned. It will probably take some faction work. I'm sure it's not impossible to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The necro guild in Qeynos is in the Catacombs - you can get there from the docks, there is a grate/tunnel in the water right under the docks.

I'm not sure if Erudite necro's can do those quests without faction work. What is killing you after you get off the boat?
Well the first time I got off of the boat I didn't realize that I needed to be careful, so I just ran up on the dock and sat down to camp and suddenly died. I didn't see who killed me. The second time I was trying to sneak around, coning everyone, and looking for a way into the catacombs, when some lowly merchant wench struck me down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I didn't make any further attempts. I suppose I will have to try a new area maybe.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Merchants are never aggressive, only dubious at worst.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 12-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Check the wiki map of South Qeynos for the underwater entrance to the catacombs at the docks. You can jump off the boat early to avoid Nostahla Westfend, Gash Flockwalker, and other NPCs.

You should be KOS to the cleric guilds where you turn in rabid grizzly pelts and bandit sashes. Plus, why would a vile, scheming necromancer like you want to help control the rabid animal population and curb the bandits?

You might be able to make gnoll fangs work. Be advised it lowers corrupt guard faction, but they can’t stop a shadowy warlock of level 8 or higher.

And your text chat logs should show who killed you. Gash Flockwalker snuggles YOU for 17 points of damage!
Last edited by Videri; 12-19-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
I thought for sure it was a merchant. It was a doorway leading from the docks and there was a merchant standing there and next thing I know I was dead. Maybe I just assumed that she was a merchant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check the wiki map of South Qeynos for the underwater entrance to the catacombs at the docks. You can jump off the boat early to avoid Nostahla Westfend, Gash Flockwalker, and other NPCs.

You should be KOS to the cleric guilds where you turn in rabid grizzly pelts and bandit sashes. Plus, why would a vile, scheming necromancer like you want to help control the rabid animal population and curb the bandits?

You might be able to make gnoll fangs work. Be advised it lowers corrupt guard faction, but they can’t stop a shadowy warlock of level 8 or higher.

And your text chat logs should show who killed you. Gash Flockwalker snuggles YOU for 17 points of damage!
Well I certainly don't want to help all those goody two-shoes! It's the coin I'm after, and the experience of the killin'.

As for the text chat, I didn't catch who killed me the first time and I don't remember the name of the wench. I'll have to give it another go when I get a chance.
Last edited by keglo; 12-19-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Edit your ini file (eqclient.ini), find the line that says Log=False and change it to Log=True. That will automatically enable logging every time you play.

There are some nice utilities that you can then use that read your log file and do things like show your position on a map or show spell timers. I absolutely love the audio cue from Gina when invis is starting to fail.

Also google nparse and xliz.

edit: or the initial reason for my post, find out who killed you without having to die again!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 12-19-2019, 08:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit your ini file (eqclient.ini), find the line that says Log=False and change it to Log=True. That will automatically enable logging every time you play.

There are some nice utilities that you can then use that read your log file and do things like show your position on a map or show spell timers. I absolutely love the audio cue from Gina when invis is starting to fail.

Also google nparse and xliz.

edit: or the initial reason for my post, find out who killed you without having to die again!
Okay. I checked and Log=True was already set. So how do I view this log file? Do you know the name of the utility?
Old 12-19-2019, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

The logs will be in a folder called Logs in your EQ directory (ie, mine is D:\Everquest\Logs\eqlog_charname_project1999.txt).

I screwed up on xliz, it's actually zliz. I actually run all 3 for different reasons. ZLiz for the maps, I prefer their maps, they use the old ones from eqatlas.com. I use nparse for the spell timers. Gina does it as well but you need to download a bunch of other peoples templates and whatnot, NParse has all the spell info in it's own database. Finally, I run Gina as well because the audio triggers for invis dropping or charm breaking are invaluable. You can also set it to do an audio alert if you receive a tell so you don't miss it.

Here's some links:
http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap (zliz mapping software)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=289949 (nparse mapping and spell timers)
https://eq.gimasoft.com/gina/ (gina, spell timers)

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread