Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During a long night in our regular KC group, which was the best fun I ever had in EQ, our Dwarven tank called a brief time out because:

"My wife just spawned next to me with a coke."

Pause for general group laughter.

"Her rare drop is a beer."
Haha, I wonder if he told her that? KC groups were always a good time for the most part. One of my favorite zones in EQ for sure.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Skeleton

Not necessarily my fondest but,
As my first character, a High Elf Paladin, standing outside the Felwtih gates I decided to test my newly purchased spell "Blind" on myself. I cast the spell, my screen went dark, interesting I thought, and when my screen came back to normal I was at my bind point.
Apparently the guards did not take to kindly to my aggressive actions towards myself...
definitely stands out as one of my favorites.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the most epic moments in EverQuest occured outside the game on one of the forums.

Page 8.

For those who weren't around or don't remember: http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2734
Thanks first time I saw that. Many chuckles and once full blown laughter ensued. Lots of nostalgia enjoyed too.

I miss the old days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (no i was not brellian)
Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

In the first few weeks of play I was running around on my dwarf rogue in butcherblock. Naturally i got lost and winded up in one of the huts near Gfay. After hailing blacksmithing npcs for about 5 minutes trying to get a response i opened the door and BOOM a giant scarab. Up until this point I had only seen the smaller ones near kaladim entrance. I flipped immediately shut the door to the hut ran and hid behind the merchant npc's thinking oh my god im gonna die this thing is going to murder me i have no idea where i am or how to get my body back.

After a few minutes i opened the door and it wandered away, i peaked out so slowly looked left, then right. and bolted down the path towards xroads, just as i went around the corner of the hut there it was. Scared shitless again i turned and ran in the opposite direction off the path and into the hills. again being lost and finding the ogre tower, but they got the jump on me.

Opening that door and seeing the giant scarab is something I will never forget, makes me laugh to this day.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Aviak

In literally the opening few days of EQ my ranger stared longinly at the vendor in Qeynos that sold leather armor. I looked at my meager funds, just 36 gold, and realized it was going to take FOREVER to save up another 80 gold so I could have one of those platinum pieces and a bit more to buy a single piece of armor.

Yeah, I though 100gp=1pp
Last edited by Ezrick; 06-20-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 06-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In literally the opening few days of EQ my ranger stared longinly at the vendor in Qeynos that sold leather armor. I looked at my meager funds, just 36 gold, and realized it was going to take FOREVER to save up another 80 gold so I could have one of those platinum pieces and a bit more to buy a single piece or armor.

Yeah, I though 100gp=1pp
lol reminds me of sitting in kaladim looking at all the Fine plate armor the blacksmiths sold, added it all up and thought how can anyone afford this stuff!?

I dont think anyone ever bought a piece...

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
One of the most epic moments in EverQuest occured outside the game on one of the forums.

Page 8.

For those who weren't around or don't remember: http://www.brellrants.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2734
Holy crap that was a read! I loved it though, freakin' funny how he totally f'ed himself in the end. Excellent post.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Killing people and looting items.

Freeport vs Neriak wars / "known kin slayers".
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

tolkien, that was the best fuckin read i've had in a looong time. so glad i clicked that.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 06-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks first time I saw that. Many chuckles and once full blown laughter ensued. Lots of nostalgia enjoyed too.

I miss the old days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (no i was not brellian)
I was a Brellian - this was hilarious.
Closed Thread