Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you can't follow simple naming policy rules. Next time you want to form a phrase or sentence don't do it on your EQ character's name.

Sincerely,

Conlae Nasbuck
Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But because GMs are banning names and stuff I been petitioning names of people who piss me off.
i dont think they have time to actively search, petitioning is the right course for your spite.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you can't follow simple naming policy rules. Next time you want to form a phrase or sentence don't do it on your EQ character's name.

Sincerely,

Conlae Nasbuck
My issue is not with the policy, but with the automatic permaban of my account cause my buddy made a char name that somehow triggered the GM's, and they just banned the account without saying, "Hey, change your name it's against the name policy". Of which my buddy would have complied and changed it, as he wasn't trying to be offensive. His name is genuinely Nathaniel Higgers.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:05 PM
Banned

speaking of, @filbus

Quote:
blue: zarina - cleric / gumby - necromancer / park - ranger / lulls - enchanter / kiss - monk / pamela - shadowknight / barbarous - shaman / dolemite - paladin / patsy - bard / tick - wizard / cupid - rogue / jilena - warrior / magine - mage
red: trolling - shaman / lust - necro
Old 05-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dont think they have time to actively search, petitioning is the right course for your spite.
You are probably right, justice wont be served right then and there. But a guide will put a pin in the name and add it to the pile for a GM to take care of later.

Petition
/friend Cawksmcgee

And just check friends now and again.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtwoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My issue is not with the policy, but with the automatic permaban of my account cause my buddy made a char name that somehow triggered the GM's, and they just banned the account without saying, "Hey, change your name it's against the name policy". Of which my buddy would have complied and changed it, as he wasn't trying to be offensive. His name is genuinely Nathaniel Higgers.
Yeah. Sounds like bullshit. Not necessarily the fucked up name your elfpal allegedly has, but that one would invite a friend over to play Everquest. Then, said alleged friend using his alleged full name as his character name?

Nope.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speaking of, @filbus
This sig really is too long.

This is better.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Sounds like bullshit. Not necessarily the fucked up name your elfpal allegedly has, but that one would invite a friend over to play Everquest. Then, said alleged friend using his alleged full name as his character name?

Nope.
What are you talking about? it has all the elements of being true:
1.) it was someone else
2.) lots of words
3.) a name from a 'the simpsons' intro from 20 years ago
4.) burden of proof lies with the person refuting the claim and not the one making it

all adds up man

#freethatguywhosnameiforgottyping this
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtwoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm shocked that the GM's would ban you for naming a toon after a racist meme that is so well known when you google it almost every result is about it being a racist meme, especially when you have such a totally legit explanation that doesn't sound like bullshit at all.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyGreenBud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been gone a year or so and come to find out my clerics name was changed to some random shitty one now. I mean the old name was Strangebrew, not exactly x-rated...It is just a name but it really took the piss on replaying him.
The whole thing is ridiculous. Had my necro since March 2010 and they decided to do an arbitrary name policy enforcement. Regret every cent I donated to this project. Should have taken advantage like the rest of the scumbags.

tl:dr Kid is mad about name change and wants a refund.
Closed Thread