Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

I am also a little confused why braid is considered bad loot off of Tunare unless you just mean it was bad b/c only 1 real drop. That item seems pretty legit to me especially when there are definitely some worse options on Tunare's loot table like a Pal/SK sword.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are misunderstanding me, i am not saying PoG should be a loot fest, what i am saying is that AG had exaxtly the same experience as PS EXCEPT they also earned DKP during the raid which could go to somethign else. as in, you can have the same cool raids with amazing drops but on a different system.

@Ella`Ella/Just Facts: i meant the time was wasted versus doing it with any other raiding guild, as in my return on investment of time is ambiguous rather than transparent. let's not pretend that everything you do on raids is a super great rewarding fun time (wipes, stress, mistakes, loot drama, etc). the game is still very enjoyable and so is raiding PoG with PS but from the perspective of loot council vs DKP it is a frustrating example is all.
That’s fair - though I don’t consider that time wasted. I wasn’t planning on coming, but we needed more of my class and I’m always happy to help when I can - probably to my own detriment sometimes. Guess we’ve got different perspectives on it - and that’s alright.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am also a little confused why braid is considered bad loot off of Tunare unless you just mean it was bad b/c only 1 real drop. That item seems pretty legit to me especially when there are definitely some worse options on Tunare's loot table like a Pal/SK sword.
She can, and sometimes does, drop just BPs, too. /cringe
Old 05-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u are right, braid is still really good, but in the context of what she can drop/multiple drops it is not great for the time invested by two guilds.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paradumb shit
You really are a toxic dumpster fire of a human being.

“Look at me, look at me, I’m saying edgy stuff again!”
Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really are a toxic dumpster fire of a human being.

“Look at me, look at me, I’m saying edgy stuff again!”
What more can you expect from a mongoloid that consistently blows the dicks of the Mayor and Sheriff of Rivervale? The immersion has become Filbus' reality.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrhica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're wrong. Paradigm Shift wasn't formed over loot drama. Some of the early core of the guild left Ill Tempered Sea Bass after the guild leader (Shea) threw one too many tantrums including an epic meltdown in ToV that saw half the guild disband on the spot after he began accusing members of being "Taken spies" when we bumped up against a scheduled Taken HoT raid.

The guild today has no connection to events from 2.5 years ago outside of maybe half a dozen active players that were in ITSB together.

If you wanna drink the Shea/Fountree crazy Kool-Aid have fun with that tho.
I don't really play anymore but I'd like to correct some things here w/ your post Pyrrhica. Before I start, I've always had respect for you as a player and person. You were excellent at tracking and pulling dragons and helped grow Seabass tremendously.

Fact is, Rhovanion was tagged in Taken during this HoT raid you speak of. 100% truth. His alts were in Seabass sure. The "epic meltdown" you're talking about acctually was just me kicking Rhovanion out of the guild. Yes, drama ensued.

The reason I kicked him was because I awarded Csisu a Torpor off of Faydedar on the condition that she would trade in a Fungi tunic to help Tripsy out. When she refused and cried, I relented, and said OK.

There was a condition though... that Rhovanion and Csisu would show up to ITSB raids and help us grow instead of raiding with their mains in Taken. We had a planned HoT raid literally like the next day IIRC, and Rhovanion was there literally rubbing it in my face , raiding with Taken, while his wife and rl buds in the guild insisted there was no connection. What else could I have done? The entire guild at that point were all RL friends of his. Of course they all left when I kicked him. But I did the right thing.

You all seem to forget how much work was put into forming the core of what has become Paradigm Shift, the powerleveling, and the friendships. I played with Rhov and Csisu for years on live. It took a lot of BS to break that, and it sucks. Oh well. I'm long retired and wanted nothing then and want nothing now. I'm not even that great of a player. I just like playing the game at this point, been thru enough drama trying to do the right thing over the years to create something new, fun and exciting.

Enjoy your guild, but people deserve to know the truth.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are misunderstanding me, i am not saying PoG should be a loot fest, what i am saying is that AG had exaxtly the same experience as PS EXCEPT they also earned DKP during the raid which could go to somethign else. as in, you can have the same cool raids with amazing drops but on a different system.

@Ella`Ella/Just Facts: i meant the time was wasted versus doing it with any other raiding guild, as in my return on investment of time is ambiguous rather than transparent. let's not pretend that everything you do on raids is a super great rewarding fun time (wipes, stress, mistakes, loot drama, etc). the game is still very enjoyable and so is raiding PoG with PS but from the perspective of loot council vs DKP it is a frustrating example is all.
No matter how much DKP you earn the same number of drops get spread around amongst "friends". Seems to me your complaint is WHAT HAS PARTIALDUCK SLITS DONE FOR **ME** LATELY. Sorry you didn't get special notice for your time.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Aviak

What really interests me about this thread is that despite 99.99% of this server having the mechanical competence of a dead muskrat, the focus is yet again on gear. A few more Eashen drops isn't making any of you less bad at the game.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What really interests me about this thread is that despite 99.99% of this server having the mechanical competence of a dead muskrat, the focus is yet again on gear. A few more Eashen drops isn't making any of you less bad at the game.
People play Everquest to show off how good they are at video games? All this time I thought I was here for some weird addiction to gaining fake social status through randomized loot drops to make up for a sad real world existence. I guess I'll have to take up sipping something expensive while enjoying some overpriced view between banging 10/10s like all the good players : (
Closed Thread