Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-11-2023, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Troxx is using the word "impasse" to imply we are tied, or he is winning. He really doesn't like to admit he may be wrong, especially in a debate with
Read the definition again ….

im·passe
/ˈimˌpas,imˈpas/
noun
a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-11-2023, 02:27 PM
Kobold

Why does it have to be a winning / losing scenario? Aren’t you claiming to just want to help OP make a judgment?? I think you got a problem bud
Old 08-11-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does it have to be a winning / losing scenario? Aren’t you claiming to just want to help OP make a judgment?? I think you got a problem bud
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-11-2023, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read the definition again ….

im·passe
/ˈimˌpas,imˈpas/
noun
a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock
I understand the definition just fine. If you had simply said "I will never agree with you, therefore we are at an impasse", I wouldn't have an issue with that.

However, it is clear you are attempting to include all of the posters and readers of this thread into the same impasse, without actually getting their input. It is a clever slight of hand to make your argumentum ad populum seem more credible.

If this was not your intent, please clarify your post and tell me that you are personally at an impasse with me, and this impasse does not include anyone else. I will be happy to admit I was wrong about your post if that was the case.

This means that you simply agree to disagree, not that you have proven your case beyond doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP can only make the correct judgement if they have the correct facts. When all the facts are available, OP can feel comfortable picking whichever stat they want. They will know exactly what they are gaining, and what they are losing.

There is a disagreement on the facts, which means evidence must be provided to show why the facts are correct or incorrect. Thus far, posters opposed to my position have provided very little to back up their positions.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-11-2023 at 02:40 PM..
Old 08-11-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, it is clear you are attempting to include all of the posters and readers of this thread into the same impasse, without actually getting their input.
Dear DSM,

Everyone in this thread has been giving you continuous feedback. It would be awesome if it were possible to filter OUT a poster when reading a thread. Not with the intent to silence anyone, but so that you could filter yourself out temporarily and just read all the posts in between. You have been arguing with *literally* everyone.

We have been giving you continuous feedback all along.

Hope that helps.

Love,

Troxx

Old 08-11-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear DSM,

Everyone in this thread has been giving you continuous feedback. It would be awesome if it were possible to filter OUT a poster when reading a thread. Not with the intent to silence anyone, but so that you could filter yourself out temporarily and just read all the posts in between. You have been arguing with *literally* everyone.

We have been giving you continuous feedback all along.

Hope that helps.

Love,

Troxx
You do not speak for every poster in this thread. Nor do you speak for every reader of this thread who has not posted.

Your attempts at an argumentum ad populum are not helping your position. Multiple people disagreeing with someone is not evidence that they are incorrect.

Counter my evidence https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=300 or simply agree to disagree on a personal level.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You do not speak for every poster in this thread.
They spoke for themselves. Go back to page one and casually read everyone else’s posts (skip mine and yours).

A pattern quickly emerges.

Old 08-11-2023, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

In about an hour I'm gonna be kickin back with a casamigos margarita.

Wanna know what I won't be doing? Looking at this thread.

Sperg on, boys.
Old 08-11-2023, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
However, it is clear you are attempting to include all of the posters and readers of this thread into the same impasse, without actually getting their input. It is a clever slight of hand to make your argumentum ad populum seem more credible.
Personally, I think what he said was reasonable and accurate. He's right in that no one in this thread has voiced support for your position, as far as I can tell, and that furthermore no one has been convinced to change their position by the strength of your arguments. I'm probably the person how has been most swayed by your arguments, as your Magelo changed my mind from "lol obviously strength" to "strength unless: you have access to really good gear to start with, plus you're more concerned with raiding than messing about while leveling and doing Greenmist quest, plus once you do get BiS gear, you have the personality type to feel enough regret over initial point allocation that it hampers your enjoyment of playing the character."

It's also obvious to me that no one in this thread will sway you from your position, and that you have laid out your argument in sufficient detail that anyone who could be persuaded, will have already been persuaded, such that additional back-and-forth is likely to be irrelevant. To me, that sounds like an impasse.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
They spoke for themselves. Go back to page one and casually read everyone else’s posts (skip mine and yours).

A pattern quickly emerges.
Did you ask all of the people who have been reading, and not posting? I think not.

There is a clear pattern, I agree. You have hundreds of posts in your history of silly gifs and other troll behaviors. I am not sure why you think your disagreement looks credible. The same goes for other posters like Toxigen, Crede, and Ripqozko.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to stop these behaviors. You are in the worst of both worlds right now. You aren't funny enough to be an entertaining troll, like Chortles, and you troll too often to be taken seriously. People simply don't know when you want to troll, and when you want to be serious.