Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Skeleton

Default Boats in Erud's Crossing clipping/stuck characters

It seems that boats going each direction in erud's crossing reach the docks at the cat island around the same time. This causes the boats to clip through each other. Anyone on the boats when they clip will be stuck and unable to move unless they are on the very edge. once the boats start moving again it is fairly random which boat you will end up on and may cause you to go back to your start location instead of where you wanted to go. Posting this per request of Amelinda.

Side note: anyone wishing to use erud's crossing here are some tips to avoid getting the wrong way.

If you are getting towards the cat island and there is a boat docked there already, get on the very edge of the boat and jump off right before they crash together, then wait on dock for the boat that is going the other way to leave and reboard your boat.

If your boat is there, and the other boat arrives get off the boat to the dock, wait for them to clip and then stand on the very edge towards the front. When your boat starts moving try your best to maneuver over the other boats edge towards the front of your boat. Usually when I do this it will push me onto my boat as it clips me through the other boat.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Orc

This happened to me twice yesterday, once going each way. The first time someone and I ended up on the opposite boat and back to our original location. The second time I was on with someone else going the other way, so we were prepared and went to the top of the boat we were on. He ended up getting pulled off and landed in the water, I was running in the direction the correct ship was going during the clip, so I stayed on the right ship.
Blackheim Bloodvortex, Erudite Necromancer
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Skeleton

They are still crashing into each other as of tonight.
I think the two boats move at different speeds as well, because I was thrown off once in Erudin, and once near the wisp island in Erud's Crossing.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Skeleton

I think there is only supposed to be 1 boat instead of 2 as they take identical paths it seems. Since the latest patch there was 2 boats and only a 8min wait between boat arriving in erudin when before im sure it was around 16 minutes. I never saw a boat passing each other prior to the patch.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

Edited the Erudin->Qeynos route to how it should run.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Previously, the Erudin boat would return on the same path from which it came, causing boat collisions.
Closed Thread