Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Default Can't stand Ventrilo anymore so I'm quitting

I am sick of listening to you all scream in Ventrilo. I can't fucking stand it anymore, I am quitting today. I can't stand having to listen to one more person brag about how they are high on pills or weed, we get it you're a fucking cool dude.

It's not the game, the game is fine. It's you idiots with no social dignity, fuck.

PS: Learn to modulate your voices, I don't need to hear you screaming in my ears.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

what guild

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 10-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what guild
Been in several, and let me tell you there's almost no difference. Yowwie was one of the worst though.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been in several, and let me tell you there's almost no difference. Yowwie was one of the worst though.
Aka Flexn
Old 10-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Banned

good riddance
Old 10-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sick of listening to you all scream in Ventrilo. I can't fucking stand it anymore, I am quitting today. I can't stand having to listen to one more person brag about how they are high on pills or weed, we get it you're a fucking cool dude.

It's not the game, the game is fine. It's you idiots with no social dignity, fuck.

PS: Learn to modulate your voices, I don't need to hear you screaming in my ears.
This.

Huge turnoff for newer games and joining a new guild is vent requirement shit where these children expect you to be in voice chat all the time.

Some PvP games I can see if you wanna roll a coordinated premade or what not vent is a huge plus. But seriously, requiring vent to be in a raid guild on p1999? Fucking joke, just because your a loser and can scream like a newborn in your basement or wherever the fuck you play, doesn't mean people with an actual life wanna lock themselves in a room and talk to a bunch of people with the combined maturity level of a 12 year old.

You cant possibly convince me your not a huge loser if you log into vent regularly for 4+ hours. Nobody with a Wife/GF could possibly get away with this, let alone want to let others them see them with a headset on like there 14 again playing Halo.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Kobold

Vent does ruin shit for me these days, but I'm not the young gamer I used to be. Glad my current guild, <Clue>, doesn't require it.

I don't even know if we have a Vent server...
Old 10-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

vent ruins immersion but it is such an advantage on red that it is hard to neglect.

RIP classic gaming
Old 10-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

I agree that TS/Vent ruins everquest. I don't even think that it adds any type of advantage for people with normal cognitive function, atleast in terms of PVE action.

I could see the advantage that it could make in PVP, but even then..how hard is it to make some universal macros so that we don't have to listen to 50 nerds screaming "PELL THIS GUY, STUNNED THIS GUY...PELL PELL PELL."

Problem lies in the fact that there is a huge disconnect between generations of gamers. More old school gamers, prefer typing/text chat. Newer "WoW generation" gamers prefer the voice chatting as they never picked up the typing/reading skills that older gamers did since the games they play (for the most part) require neither skill.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that TS/Vent ruins everquest. I don't even think that it adds any type of advantage for people with normal cognitive function, atleast in terms of PVE action.
If you're talking about clearing plane of fear, while everyone else is in the velious, going against zero competition, then I will agree with you. You cannot compete with the top guilds without voice chat.
Closed Thread